The SWTOR thread

Okay, that's one of the reasons why they turn gaming into a service : Not to owe people anything … But milk them while they can …

I can see a similar thing perhaps becoming true for Microsoft's "OS as a service" agenda ...

*yawn* Someone is complaining the game they are playing is F2P and it needs to make money.

Well, the current Cartel Packs *are* lacking "something" … The older packs were all so much more fun !

In my opinion, personally, it shows the clear influence of Cynga err Zynga. I can almost smell their "fun pain" in these new packs !

Others say, the game becomes more & more a game made by Mythic - who seem to have replaced all or nearly all of the older Bioware staff of SWTOR … At least they guess / assume so. They say that this game becomes more & more like Warhammer Online.

Others say, the game becomes more & more a game made by Mythic - who seem to have replaced all or nearly all of the older Bioware staff of SWTOR … At least they guess / assume so. They say that this game becomes more & more like Warhammer Online.

I saw some comments about that and I'm wondering where it is coming from. I haven't heard about a max exodus from BioWare devs in Austin (they just got Draw Karpyshyn back a few months ago too) and on top of it WAR was F2P for its last few days of existence only. It was also a PvP oriented game, SWTOR still seems firmly focused on PvE story stuff so far.

It seems that PvP is handled by several Mythic devs now - but I can't proveit right now.
From this, people often draw a line to the rest of SWTOR.
But apart from that,. there indeed left several Bioware employeed to ME:A.
For example the Operations designer, as far as I've heard.

It's this time of the year. No not Christmas, but May the 4th.

It's also the time of the year where I feel compelled to play SWTOR again. Watching Star Wars The Force Awaken might have had something to do with that too.

Now the question is do I continue my Consular I left back in Feb or make a new character. hmm.

There'll be a tiny astromech pet if you log in between ... yesterday ? and May 4th.

Me, I'm not able to play within the week anymore : The weather - typical ever-changing April weather here - is driving me nuts so much so much that I can do not much more than relax and sleep after work ... Hoping for much more stable weather ...

Yesterday, Patch 4.4 added an adaptive gear vendor on the fleet that brings back some old sets that couldn't be obtained anymore.

Now I can get some cool armor I always wanted since launch. That RD-07A Viper is basically what made me buy the game…and it would look amazing on a Jedi.

Oh, nice ! :) I haven't seen that one ! :)

But ... No wonder that only the imperial map of the fleet is shown in that guide ... It's an "Empire Game", after all ...

Besides, unlock of Collection items is 50 % off right now ! :)

And … Bolster seems to be broken in PvP again ? On the other hand, there's an "PvP Event" currently going on …

But … No wonder that only the imperial map of the fleet is shown in that guide … It's an "Empire Game", after all …

Funny enough, I only play Republic. I can't stand the CheesyEvil Imperials.

I only play Republic as well.

I do prefer a certain style of play (heavy armor/no swords) over factions. My favorite classes are Trooper and Bounty Hunter (playing both as ranged tanks). While I must admit that my SWTOR gaming experience with both characters has been equally good, I prefer the Republic as an employer.
Hm. In RL, I've been mostly employed by factions of the Sith Empire … just my current employer is more, like, Republican *g*.

Trooper Vanguard is my favorite class too and I love the storyline.

But I'm currently playing a JK because I wanted to whack things in the face. I will probably move to a Trooper after that.

I need to get back to SWTOR. Too involved with other games for now.

I play both Republic and Empire, all classes. But I created two of them on a French server *sigh*. It's a bummer, they obtained some clothes for cheap that don't fit them, but my other characters need them. Now I'll have to unlock two more slots on an English server where other characters are, and I'm stuck waiting for cartel coins to accumulate. I already paid enough for game content, it feels stupid to pay for server slots with actual money. Besides, I'll be buying subscription eventually, although preferred status is ok, they give you new story content with subscription (which I don't need yet).

It's kinda annoying that you need to pay to change class\specialization or whatever it was called. Two branches with three categories each. I created a pyromaniac bounty hunter in vain, realized all too late that I wanted a gun-shooting bounty hunter, but the game didn't allow to respec her for free.

Free respec is a sub perks, but you can only respec inside an AC like everyone else.

As for character slot, I know KOTFE added 2 character slot for subs, but I don't know the behavior when you drop down to preferred again. I tend to stay subbed.

I read somewhere that you can respec to an entirely new branch, for cartel coins. Maybe I'm mistaken?

Right now preferred status allows for 6 characters per server. Obviously there are 8 classes.

I wouldn't stay subbed, my gaming is quite random, I can play some game like mad then drop the game for months, and it's unpredictable. I don't want to waste money b\c of random changes in my desires. :)

Back
Top Bottom