Twitter rage!

Nyx

Goddess of the Night
Gods I'm getting fed up over twitter and the fact that it is impossible to sign up to twitter with a desktop computer, since I don't have other devices to sign up on I'm screwed. Funnily enough you can't even contact their support unless you have a twitter account! I swear soon all my anger will manifest itself on all those pesky tablet/smart phone devices for making people forget about desktops.

:slap:

Because a lot of people use twitter..using the follow button is much preferable to having a bunch of bookmarks.

:S That sounds extremely strange, it almost sounds like something is wrong with your ISP, are you using mobile internet? maybe it is tricking twitter that you are on a mobile somehow.

You should be you, instead of being a lot of people.

I'm not using any of social networks and honestly I don't think I've missed anything important. On the other hand, all those I know that do use a social network, believe they're doing something very important while on it so perhaps you shouldn't take my suggestion into considereation as I'm on the dark side.

:S That sounds extremely strange, it almost sounds like something is wrong with your ISP, are you using mobile internet? maybe it is tricking twitter that you are on a mobile somehow.

*shrug* Not using mobile internet no..even tried at 3 different locations. It's rather frustrating.

You should be you, instead of being a lot of people.

I'm not using any of social networks and honestly I don't think I've missed anything important. On the other hand, all those I know that do use a social network, believe they're doing something very important while on it so perhaps you shouldn't take my suggestion into considereation as I'm on the dark side.

You misunderstood me..I'm me and no one else. I don't want to use it because other people use it..but because I want to use the "follow" feature.
I personally don't really like twitter, but nobody cares about the fact that I don't like it, they aren't gonna stop using it for that reason.
So there are two options:
1. Sit in my own little box snaring and being angry at all the new popular things
2. Say "screw it" and stick with the times no matter how much I like it or not.
I prefer number two.

It is no doubt a good way, both twitter and facebook, to get fast and official updates from companies.

What OS, browser did you try? It is working perfectly for me on windows 7, IE 8, firefox and chrome and just about anything else.

try doing it through www.megaproxy.com maybe it'll not allow you to submit with their free service but it is worth a shot to at least see it it gets you to the correct page.

What OS, browser did you try? It is working perfectly for me on windows 7, IE 8, firefox and chrome and just about anything else.

try doing it through www.megaproxy.com maybe it'll not allow you to submit with their free service but it is worth a shot to at least see it it gets you to the correct page.

Showed me the correct page at least but as you said doesn't allow me to submit.
I'm on win7 too, been using chrome, firefox, opera, safari and god fobid ie.

But not the end of the world though, but it does kinda makes me worried that something is not working as intended from my side.

Well, this is very interesting from a technical perspective though :S I do not know of any trustable free proxy site which allows to submit forms unfortunatly.

It is probably a bug in twitters logic, you could try to disable javascript it might help.

hah well, I just managed to exploit the fact that it thought I was using a mobile though. I'm not sure how, I think I clicked a link that brought me to the main page of mobile devices (twitter.com does not actually redirect me like the signup page does) and I was able to sign up using my enormous "mobile phone".

Daily rage time over!

Could it be that this is kind of an hack ? An advertisement program which had changed your HOSTS list to redirect to what THEY want you to see ? There do exist programs like that ... Try Ad-Awaree for example to find out whether there exists such a program on your PC, or Spybot Search & Destroy ...

I kind of doubt it, however I'm not very good at cleaning my computer.. but I know all the pages are official trusted twitter pages.

heck if I know..but people seem to love using it. If anything it is a quick way to get some updates on games/devs/whatnot I'm following.

Hmm, I once signed up right after completing Bioshock Infinite - because I heard Levine was on Twitter - and I wanted to comment on a few things. But my comments were ignored, which is to be expected when thousands of people ramble on about stuff - and it's obviously unlikely to get any kind of response. Maybe he read them, though.

As for the updates, they seem to be spattered across the net within seconds of appearing on Twitter - so I decided to forget about it.

I was just curious what people get out of it :)

It seems to be of minimal use compared to the rage and how it's mentioned everywhere. I figured there must be something to it that I'm not seeing.

For the most part it's just girls posting pictures in their bra..much like facebook. But, again like facebook, if you look past all the social crap you can find something interesting.

For the most part it's just girls posting pictures in their bra..much like facebook. But, again like facebook, if you look past all the social crap you can find something interesting.

I use Facebook as a necessity - because so many friends and family members are on there, and it's an alternate way to get in contact with them.

If I want to look at scantily clad girls that I'll never have physical contact with, I have ways that work better for me :)

Back
Top Bottom