What games are you playing now?

I'm playing more and more the TDE "Herokon" Beta from day to day - not regularly.

It really shows that it is a Beta, as seen in some buggy quests, for example, but it is still kind of fun to play.

What disturbs me a bit is that even in the Beta the Meta-Currency of "Platinum" can be bought … Via RL-money, of course … I had rather expected this to be done only in the final game …

Last night there was quite a pleasant time with playery admitting they were in the RL age reagion of 30+ … I hope that it won't become trashed down when the whole game becomes public …

Even in the chat we often try to write IC (In-Character). That's fun, imho. ;)

My character - and Elf, of course ! ;) - can be seen here : https://board.herokon-online.com/index.php?page=Thread&postID=38566#post38566
He is called Aldarion, after his current pen & paper role-play

Edit : The only real problem are the chat discussions about MMOs : Because it is by rule forbidden to write the names of other MMOs, writing them can lead to a chat-ban …

How would you compare the FO3 world design/aesthetics to FO:NV?

Did not play FO3 for more than an hour so can't really tell. As for FO:NV, the world had varied regions that suit the settings and factions. There are no random dungeons or regions in FO:NV - every region/dungeon/bunker has a storey even if you have not come across its storey in your journey. The factions mechanism is, in my view, the best that I have seen so far in an RPG. One thing that I noticed from watching FO3 videos is that it has high rise structures and good vertical design, which is not much present in FO:NV. However, I have played some of the Old World Blues FO:NV expansion and it has high rise structures and more colour and variation in the environment. Probably other FO:NV expansions introduce further varieties. Still, FO:NV is one of the best, if not the best, rpgs that I have enjoyed playing for more than 80 hours and would not hesistate replaying again if given the chance.

Everone has a different experience it seems.
FO3 crashed on me constantly.
FO:NV didn't crash on me ever.

Then again, I don't play games 20 hours in a row like dartagnan so I'm not reliable source on the FO:NV crashes. Sorry.

I have a feeling that if I was a celebrity, I'd get a lot of obsessive fans of the kind you don't really want :)

Through discussions here people gain some kind of reputation.

Fallout 3 hates my Win7 setup, so I moved to FNV. I'm playing the game for the first time on the hard setting. I had a heck of a time taking out the powder ganger leaders in the NCRCF Admin building. On normal those guys go down in a few shots. On hard, it was really difficult to find a winning strategy. I basically ended up setting up a mine field outside. I go in, kill a couple guys and then take off running for the door. The guys follow me out and get killed by mines. The few remaining guards almost kill me, but I got the last guy with 3 little health slivers left. That was a ton of fun :D I generally don't like combat games, but FNV without spamming VATS is a hoot!

Gah! I thought I'd be done with Mass Effect 1 by now. Just started Virmiere but must have explored about 25 systems by now. Saved all the main quest stuff to the end. Am now maxed at level 50. Since XP is not an issue, I'm using the Mako to road rage my game to victory as fast as possible. ;)

So my wife comes home with Rage(the game,hehe)and I installed it. Does anyone know if they ever fixed it and is it any good? Reviews were kind of mehe when it came out. It is the Anarchy version with the extra sewer levels. It is a very nice looking game so far. It was roughly 21 gig install so it is either huge(doubt it) or just a lot of textures.

So my wife comes home with Rage(the game,hehe)and I installed it. Does anyone know if they ever fixed it and is it any good? Reviews were kind of mehe when it came out. It is the Anarchy version with the extra sewer levels. It is a very nice looking game so far. It was roughly 21 gig install so it is either huge(doubt it) or just a lot of textures.

Well, I think it's complete shit.

But, apparently most shooter fans think it's "decent" if you can accept the old-fashioned gameplay and the ugly "up-close" textures.

AFAIK, it runs ok on modern rigs with Nvidia video cards - but still suffers on ATI/AMD cards.

It was roughly 21 gig install so it is either huge(doubt it) or just a lot of textures.

Game is big because of Mega Texture module.As for game itself I never played it but forums and few friends that did play say that game is just a shooter with linear missions bit of driving and good action that is no better or worse than other FPS.

Well, I think it's complete shit.

But, apparently most shooter fans think it's "decent" if you can accept the old-fashioned gameplay and the ugly "up-close" textures.

To be honest, I think the difference between those is 'tolerance' and 'expectations'. My son bought it for himself and had a blast .. until he started playing more shooters and realized just how limited it was. I never even finished it ...

To be honest, I think the difference between those is 'tolerance' and 'expectations'. My son bought it for himself and had a blast .. until he started playing more shooters and realized just how limited it was. I never even finished it …

Well, seeing as how I've never been a fan of simplistic shooters - it's not a surprise that I reacted badly to the excessively hyped Rage :)

That said, I think Doom 3 is MILES ahead of it.

It should also be noted that I'm NOT a fan of post-apoc settings. I think they're among the most dreary, overused and boring imaginable.

Well, seeing as how I've never been a fan of simplistic shooters - it's not a surprise that I reacted badly to the excessively hyped Rage :)

That said, I think Doom 3 is MILES ahead of it.

It should also be noted that I'm NOT a fan of post-apoc settings. I think they're among the most dreary, overused and boring imaginable.

Doom 3 is funny ... I found the whole 'monster closet' thing rather blah when it came out in contrast with Thief 3 'Shalebridge Cradle' and Bloodlines Haunted Hotel, but on replay the overall game is really not too badly put together.

Doom 3 is funny … I found the whole 'monster closet' thing rather blah when it came out in contrast with Thief 3 'Shalebridge Cradle' and Bloodlines Haunted Hotel, but on replay the overall game is really not too badly put together.

As a shooter, it's rather bland. But at the time of release, it was extremely good looking and had a superb atmosphere. Also, I liked the "System Shockian" audio logs lying around.

As I'm big into atmosphere, I rather enjoyed it.

I didn't think Rage was complete shit, but I'll definitely agree that it was disappointing. I think the best part was the many in-game references to other Bethesda and id titles.

I also agree that Doom 3 was much better for its time. In fact, I just replayed D3 and the expansion earlier this year, and I still found them quite enjoyable. Atmosphere has always meant more than story or gameplay to me, at least in regards to first-person shooters.

I didn't think Rage was complete shit
Liar. :p

On KB:WoN, enjoying it a lot, Valkyres are awsome and I'm happy there is no yucky minidragon from AP/Crossroads, just won the boss fight, lost the whole army, got teleported to the main city in all games, Amelia is being mentioned... Maybe I should take a break from it. Meh, tomorrow. I'm gonna play some more now. :)

Playing Underworld Gold, and really having a blast!!! Totally reminds me of old Might and magic games, and yes that's a positive. If you like games like M&M, give this one a shot.....heck, for 10 bucks it's already paid off.

-Carn

I didn't think Rage was complete shit, but I'll definitely agree that it was disappointing.

This is true. It's too bad a genre which helped up computer hardware requirements yearly has come to this. I have fond memories of Doom,Quake and Unreal for being able to scare the living shit out of me around every corner. Doom was the first game I stayed up all night playing and Unreal is the first game I had to get a whole new computer just to play it. Now it seems that all shooters are short, on rails and rather predictable. Mostly about war. I have lost interest in most of them as I have with all sports simulations.

Shooters never gave me enough story to get through them at all - LucasArts' "Dark Forces" was one of the only ones I liked (and I haven't played many. Not at all.)

I abandoned this genre long ago. And I still want my Monkey Island-like adventure game with jungles like I've seen on Far Cry screenshots !

Back
Top Bottom