Heath Ledger - found dead

Considering he was one of our best actors, it's a great loss to the Aussie film community!!

They're pointing to sleeping pills. Suicide?

Current theory seems to believe it was accidental!!

Can't say I really liked him, but it's definately sad to hear he's actually dead ...

I'd bet he was doing some powerful prescription painkillers and drinking at the same time. It's surprisingly easy for people to die with that combination by accident if they're not careful. I wouldn't be surprised if he had a high blood alcohol level when this happened along with the drugs.

Actually, the current story is he had pneumonia and the mix of drugs for that and sleeping pills might be the problem!!

Actually, the current story is he had pneumonia and the mix of drugs for that and sleeping pills might be the problem!!

I'm no doctor (nor do I play on on TV) but isn't pneumonia treated with antibiotics? If he was taking something that would interact with sleeping pills, what the heck kind of treatment was that?

Since I found out yesterday that Ledger died, I've been pretty sad over it (not that it's interfering in my life or anything, but it's saddening all the same), he was a tremendous actor and while I didn't always like his films, I enjoyed his performances. His choices were always intersting and he always did a superb job.

What frightens me about his death was that it did appear to be accidental. He had told an interviewer recently that his role as the Joker shook him up, having to portray the violent, sociopathic psyche of a psychopath with zero empathy. Also his recent role in the Bob Dylan biopic had stressed him out and between the two he just wasn't sleeping. Apparently he took Ambien but that'd only give him maybe an hour of sleep, so clearly he overdosed in a fit of insomnia-fuelled distress.
Had this been a suicide, at least there was some pre-meditation, but this was utterly unintentional, he just wanted to get a decent sleep. I find it very scary and depressing how this could happen.

Ledger's death is a huge loss to cinema, that's for sure.

This incident reminds me of the untimely deaths of Buddy Holly, Roger Dean, River Phoenix ...

Not only was he a very, very good actor, he tragically leaves behind a ~2 yr old daughter. :'(

Well, he certainly deserved a severe punishment for "A Knight's Tale", but death is a bit drastic of course. Guess he was on his way of becoming a rather good actor.

So did I, it was a really fun movie. While Ledger turned in an acceptable performance, it was Paul Bettany's Chaucer that completely stole the show and made the movie worth watching.

Back
Top Bottom