Fable Anniversary - A Failed PC Port

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
IN2GPU writer Radu Postolache calls Fable Anniversary "A Failed PC Port", and I have to say I agree with everything he has writing. Just read the Steam reviews.

So what conclusion should we make about Fable Anniversary? Fable is like a good story written in different kinds of books. Would you rather pay 32 Euros for the same story written in a new book whose pages will fall apart and would be very cumbersome to use, or would you pay 9 Euros for the classic, yellowed pages book that deliver the original experience which can hardly be improved. In my opinion, Anniversary is a bitter disappointment, at least for now. If you still haven’t played Lost Chapters, then you should get to it, because it’s still good. As for Anniversary, you can either wait for the big problems to be fixed, or play it on Xbox 360. It feels to me like Lionhead released Anniversary in a hurry and just didn’t care for us PC gamers, bringing to the market yet another cash grab.
More information.

I think the guy needs an editor in a bad, bad way - but yeah, a game where you can't remap keys is pretty pathetic.

I think the guy needs an editor in a bad, bad way - but yeah, a game where you can't remap keys is pretty pathetic.
I agree but remember the site is a blog, and like ours doesn't have paid editors. I still recommend the video Joxer posted a few days back from total biscuit.

They have already patched remapping the keyboard in.
Don't care as mouse controls are still terrible.;)

No matter how you look at it the game was a poor port at best. Just because they patched it finally does not make up for how they released the game.

Update:
These are the fixes in the latest patch.
New Version Available - 832816

Fixes include:

Freezing issue with Apex/Cloth (Will Users outfit, hair and some bandits)

Freezing/Stuttering issue in Oakvale at the start of the game

Creature spawns fixed - troll should appear outside hobbe cave now and hard mode will be harder

Added more options to the keyboard remapping – you can now remap mouse controls

Fixed the Depth of Field – fixes the blurriness

Fixed a crash on startup for users that had redirect their My Documents folder on Windows 8

Last edited:
I've only tried it with a controller so far, but this doesn't exactly sound encouraging.

I just said that because it seems like they are doing a good job getting patches out and have released 5 so far. (which the one you quoted isn't the newest patch) I hate the games and will never play this but I do like it when developers put effort into fixing things since many games just get released and never get fixed.

but I do like it when developers put effort into fixing things since many games just get released and never get fixed.

OTOH, there are games that are released on purpose which shouldn't be yet because the devs/publishers just say "Let's just fix it post-release"

Post release fixing is unavoidable, you can't make a bugfree game (a game, not facebook or phone cow clickers that are everything else but not games).

Sadly Fable HD is nothing but, to quote the article from news, "yet another cash grab.".

Back
Top Bottom