Witcher Silver Talent Rituals (Possible Minor Spoilers)

The Witcher

magerette

Hedgewitch
Has anyone taken the plunge with either of the additional magic rituals available at higher levels? (One is the Ritual of Cleansing, the other the Ritual of Life.) Not knowing what either of them do is keeping me from wanting to waste a silver talent on them.

Anyone know if they are significantly useful or not?

Don't know really, so I'm merely guessing...but ritual of life sounds like restoring health and cleansing is probably cleansing your body from poison?

Yes, magerette tried them and that's what I remember too, Dez.
Additional uses to the Places of Power, not sure I would recommend them unless you have extra Silvers to spend.
Most often I find the Places of Power after I could have used them and running to them in the middle of battle really isn't a great plan, though it's possible in big areas like the Swamp.

Edit, spelling and grammar from hell, naturally. :)

Last edited:
All talents are described in detail in the manual ... had this been any other place than the Watch I would have started preaching against the evils of piracy now ;)

Anyway, by the time you can pick Ritual of Life and Ritual of Cleansing you most likely already have the recipes for "White Honey" (resets the toxicity gauge) and "White Raffard's Decoction" (instantly adds health and yes I had to google the name) and all the ingredients you could wish for so I've found no need to pick those talents.

Sorry, fatbastard()--it's not the evils of piracy for sure--just the evils of laziness and poor eyesight. Should have checked the manual descriptions :blush: Being printed in minuscule print on grey paper(like most manuals today) makes them almost illegible for me, and the text is quite sparse--"allows Geralt to perform the Ritual of etc" and a half-sentence description is about it. And yes, I do have potions that perform those functions admirably.

I was just wondering if someone's personal experience proved they were more useful than they sounded--skills that sound blah can often perform at a higher level than expected or be lifesaving in a specific situation. And conversely, skills that sound like the ultimate deathbringers can turn out to be annoyingly useless.

Thanks very much to everyone for the feedback, and for confirming my decision to place those talents elsewhere. :)

Yup they are pretty useless.. I loaded an older save and tested them myself. I quess devs ran out of ideas when implementing stamina perks :)

Back
Top Bottom