Path of Exile - 1.2.0c Patch Notes

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Grinding Gear Games latest update on the Path of Exile forums has news about new supporter pack signed art, and the notes for the new game patch.

We've deployed update 1.2.0c - its patch notes are here. Some of the Forsaken Masters Supporter Packs contain sets of signed concept art (from Path of Exile's past, present and future) that we ship out to Master and Grandmaster supporters. We've started preparing these packs for signing and shipping. We expect to start sending them out late this week or early next week. You'll receive an email as we ship your pack.
More information.

I've had several epiphanies after playing both D3 2.1 and PoE 1.2 back and forth this last week. I'm still writing up my thoughts but briefly consider:

Both games have such amazing strengths. Any fan of ARPGs should love both. They are different enough that both are totally worth playing.

Basically, it is like having two friends, one who you can talk all night with and one you can just chill all night with. Sometimes you feel like just relaxing and semi-mindlessly crushing stuff. Sometimes you feel like really sinking your teeth into a deep, intellectual experience. There's a time and place for both.

In conclusion, both games are amazing for *what they are trying to do*.

PS: one thing that keeps me so interested in PoE is the constant drop of useful loot. D3 suffers because all you really care about is that one Set drop or specific Legendary. PoE can drop amazing Rares, Chaos Orbs, Regals, Exalts, Uniques, Maps, Corrupted, Quality Skill Gems, Alc's, and more. Hence, psychologically and literally you always come away with something rewarding item-wise.

I've had several epiphanies after playing both D3 2.1 and PoE 1.2 back and forth this last week. I'm still writing up my thoughts but briefly consider:

Both games have such amazing strengths. Any fan of ARPGs should love both. They are different enough that both are totally worth playing.

Basically, it is like having two friends, one who you can talk all night with and one you can just chill all night with. Sometimes you feel like just relaxing and semi-mindlessly crushing stuff. Sometimes you feel like really sinking your teeth into a deep, intellectual experience. There's a time and place for both.

In conclusion, both games are amazing for *what they are trying to do*.

PS: one thing that keeps me so interested in PoE is the constant drop of useful loot. D3 suffers because all you really care about is that one Set drop or specific Legendary. PoE can drop amazing Rares, Chaos Orbs, Regals, Exalts, Uniques, Maps, Corrupted, Quality Skill Gems, Alc's, and more. Hence, psychologically and literally you always come away with something rewarding item-wise.

Interesting. I have very different reactions to these games.

I love the depth of POE, the build diversity and how content is continuously being added to improve the game. On the other hand I find POE completely unrewarding item wise compared to the best ARPGs especially D2

D3 is a terrible game in my opinion on almost every level except production level. The recent changes have not helped as the core of the game is completely brain dead.

That's me. Completely brain dead. ;)

BTW the new greater rifts have some new interesting legendary gem drops, and by having a rift with a time limit and no drops until the very end, makes it even more mindless to complete. ;)

I got totally confused when I read this thread. Then I realized PoE wasn't short for Pillars of Eternity... Now it makes sense.

On the other hand I find POE completely unrewarding item wise compared to the best ARPGs especially D2
I'm surprised you dislike PoE's items so much. What about it seems unrewarding? I've played D2 countless times and PoE seems very much the same item-wise. I just really like how each item has multiple ways it can be good: sockets, links, implicit mods, and affixes. Unlike even D2 where an item is either good or not in general.
BTW the new greater rifts have some new interesting legendary gem drops, and by having a rift with a time limit and no drops until the very end, makes it even more mindless to complete. ;)
I have enjoyed picking up some Leg Gems in the G Rifts. I'm using the Starweaver (Holy beam chance for 2000% damage) and Swiftness (up to 15% attack speed boost). And I admit I'm sort of obsessed with leveling them.

That being said...D3 is still a terribly flawed game and all the big problems haven't gone away...but there I go again using my mind! What did I tell myself?! Just chill with D3 and don't analyze it!

I got totally confused when I read this thread. Then I realized PoE wasn't short for Pillars of Eternity… Now it makes sense.
A truly unfortunate conspiring of acronyms. But PoE was first so PoE should go get its own acronym!!

I have enjoyed picking up some Leg Gems in the G Rifts. I'm using the Starweaver (Holy beam chance for 2000% damage) and Swiftness (up to 15% attack speed boost). And I admit I'm sort of obsessed with leveling them.

I've got gems but no good socked jewelry to put them in. Kind of kills the interest for me. Also can't seem to get beyond level 26 GRs with a solo pet doctor. May try a jade build and see if I can properly gear up for it.

I've got gems but no good socked jewelry to put them in. Kind of kills the interest for me. Also can't seem to get beyond level 26 GRs with a solo pet doctor. May try a jade build and see if I can properly gear up for it.

Download POEskilltree utility and design a character with at least 170% life , 150% of some kind of defense ( or better two ) and pick some skills to do damage.
To find proper gear create a couple of MF characters .

Back
Top Bottom