• I believe in a higher something but no real religion

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • Other

Votes: 16 21.3%

• Total voters

titus

Substitute Shinigami
Original Sin 2 Donor
I was wondering, we are with many people around here fro very different places, so I wondered what is your religion?
Are you raised that way or did you chose it? and if you did, why?

myself, I am raised catholic , no wonder being from italian origing, but lost my faith on the way.
I think of myself as an atheist but since a short while I gained a real interest for Boeddhism, although it ain't a real religion. I do consider of turning myself from my current way of life and try to become a real boeddhism and live as one as good as I can in this Western Europe.

I voted for atheist, because at the moment I still am

there is also an other reason why I ask this, but I will explain later because that will suit better in an other topic

Last edited:
I'm agnostic. I neither believe nor disbelieve, thinking there are good arguements and reasons for both sides. Basically, I'm looking for proof. Which is odd, considering I seem to have a great deal of blind (stupid?) faith in certain aspects of life (to my detriment I'm quite sure), so one would think I'd be pre-disposed to having some religious or spiritual faith.

I don't believe in that God doesn't exist, i just don't believe he exist. Slight diffreance but still a diffreance. I'm just unable to start believing in God, but I don't want to persue anybody to my point of view (no matter of religion), I'm not 100% sure I'm right and I think is sth natural in that people believe in their religions.

I was going to vote in your poll but I did not see "Beer" listed anywhere?

The poll is missing at least a couple options. You need something for non-Catholic Christians and I'd say you'd get a fair number of votes for Agnostic here at the Watch.

For my part, I was raised Catholic but have fallen into aggressive agnosticism. I've got serious problems with organized religions of all creeds, but I'm indifferent to the whole "higher being" concept. I voted "other".

Agnostic, with a touch of tree-hugging druidism thrown in. :) I was raised by Lutherans who became Baptists(!), but for many reasons I find organized religion empty of spiritual comfort and indeed, content. I just can't buy the rhetoric.
Titus, your goal of following the teachings of Buddhism is admirable. Of all the religions I think it has the most respect for life.

You are missing Orthodox Christianity, which is the environment I was raised in. And while I do celebrate the big holidays according to our customs (Christmas, Easter...), I don't believe in God; when people ask, I say I'm atheist, though I'm really completely indifferent - in that way, I'm more of an agnostic (because I don't think about it, either).

11 votes and not a God-fearin' soul to be found. What a bunch of heathens! ;)

Would think Church of England/Anglican/Protestant would perhaps need to be an option.

I put Other - meaning agnostic. I think it's unlikely there's anything more than the physical, but I'm not so bold as to declare there definitively isn't anything metaphysical about the universe. Proofs are required. In their abscence, I'll just bumble along.

Definite miss on non-Catholic Christianity. How else can we engage Corwin!?!

I was raised Mormon but I am a neo-pagan.

Wasn't it roqua that, in one of his many BS expositories, claimed to be a Holy Roller? (my apologies to any Pentecostals that might pass thru)

Well, he could definitely speak in tongues--or something other than the common concept of the english language, anyway.

I miss roqua. :( He added color to the place.

My parents wanted me and my sister to choose for our selves so they raised us without any religious or anti religious indoctrination and for a long time I was an agnostic.

However, as I grew older and started to learn about history and the world around me I became more and more angry at how the whole institute of religion is more about control than spirituality and disillusioned about the whole illogical invisible man in the sky thingy, until I became the religion hating atheist that I am today. I find religion a fascinating subject to discuss but given a choice it would bring me great joy to be able to press the "Eradicate the Concept of Religion Once and for All" button ... then again I never claimed to be a nice guy ;)

What fatBastard() said is pretty much exactly my stance and background. I too had a perfectly secular upbringing. I wouldn't go so far as call myself "religion hating" but I would prefer it if everyone would just realize the silliness of it all and stop believing of their own volition.

As there is no Christian choice in the poll, it's pointless my entering this discussion!!

Protestant without the trinity or Buddha with guns

Wasn't it roqua that, in one of his many BS expositories, claimed to be a Holy Roller? (my apologies to any Pentecostals that might pass thru)

no problem

--

yes, this poll is pretty general so it doesn't make sense that a specific form of Christianity should be listed. You should either change it to simply Christian or divide it into Catholic, Orthodox, Protestant, and Evangelical.

However, if you do that you'd need to divide Islam into Sunni, Shia, and Sufi and maybe Black Muslim factions at least, or divide Buddhism into Mahayana or Theravada forms with a little Zen thrown in. Sikhism is a major religion too and most of the Indians I grew up with and are found in North America it seems (at least out west) are Sikh.

With an estimated 3.5 billion people at least nominally Christian and 50% of those being Catholic, that leaves 1.75 billion voting "other" with the rest of the underrepresented in this poll.

:wings:

Last edited:
hey magerette, i miss roqua as well. so much in fact i just spent the past hour with my horrible artistic skills and some ananachrox audio goodness and made this 30 sec 4 frame roqua tale.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRE2A2SmeTk

making it was fun if nothing else...

Back
Top Bottom