Gothic 3 stools and benches

Stools and benches are good for sitting and that's their only use as far as I know. Anyway, it's nice to be able to actually sit on something that is supposed to be sit on. Even when it actually doesn't add anything else...

Endurance potions simply do quickly what standing or going does slowly.

Endurance, when in the hot desert and without the right perk/skill/armour will not replenish when at lower levels. Earlier in the game i had to drink lots of water after fighting.

Thrones can also be sat on.

Stools are atmospheric and Gothic series was the first to start using this system, iirc.
It adds to the immersive and realistic world, where you see NPCs doing behaviors like sitting, sleeping, eating or working,
When you interact with them rather then a Blacksmith just standing at a Forge you see him making a weapon.

Potions are mostly there until you can get the upgrades, like Regen for Mana or Efficiency for Endurance.

Stools and benches had their part in previous installments, especially original Gothic. The fact that you could sit down for a moment, relax and watch people around you undergo their daily routine in a natural way is one of many factors that made this game so great. Gothic 3 lost its spice in this respect, and people are now more similar to zombies than humans.

Endurance doesn't go right up in the desert. But if you purchase the right perks you can battle this problem before you go there. And, I wouldn't use water so lightly. If you plan to make healing potions, you will need it and it doesn't really come in abundance (against common sense).

took me awhile to realize what was happening but i noticed that although i had the resistance to cold when i first entered nordmar i was still seeing the endurance bar creep up slowly. apparently that even with the resistance when it is dark and or snowing in normar it realisticly is much colder and you are still affected. i'm not sure but i think you can travel in the desert at night without the skill and not take an endurance hit. either way with all the things that are broken with the game, its things this that kept me engrossed.

I noticed something interesting in Nordmar: While I was running around, I'd often get the "slow" stamina regeneration (even though I had the appropriate perk), but I'd go back to normal regeneration when I was in an orc camp or so - when I was around a fire, that is. Ain't that simply great? :D

Back
Top Bottom