Dragon Age 2 - Preview @ Eurogamer

aries100

SasqWatch
Eurogamer got to see and play Dragon Age 2 at last week's Gamescom. They've written a rather informative two-page preview of the game. Most of us seem concerned about the camera, so here's a snip from the preview:
On the PC, there's Tactical Camera 2.0, which allows you to roam your viewpoint freely around the battlefield issuing orders without the game's camera being tied to your characters or a confined space. Other PC interface improvements include stamina and mana potions on the far right of the quickbar so they don't use up number-key slots.
And here's a snip about how the dialogue wheel works:
After a familiar face pitches up to help the survivors of the Hurlock attack, Hawke is put in a position where he has to decide the fate of Aveline's husband, Wesley, who has become corrupted. When Aveline seeks Hawke's help, he can respond three ways: "It's up to you." "I'll do it." "Put him out of his misery." This is one of those choices that you'll definitely see come back to haunt you one way or the other, says the producer.
More information.

I still don't like that they took away the origins and we are in a humans only club. And playing the past ten years? Meh. :/

It sounds great to me.

No, it's not going to be just like the first one. And you can't be a dwarf. So very, very sad...

Seriously, this sounds great. I look forward to playing it. DA:O was uneven and felt like it was all over the place and never really good at one thing. And it's art was generic to the extreme. I enjoyed it the first time through, but couldn't even finish it a second time.

I have the Awakenings download and never even started it. Maybe some day.

You probably didnt catch that DA2 will be action rpg button masher aimed at console players. Say goodbye to isometric rpg combat

Twotricks: That is your guess based on a bunch of marketing and press statements.

Also- I don't care.

I don't need or even want every game to have "isometric rpg combat" -- as if that's some gold standard. Why do so many people here have such closed minds? I would have guessed that if you read and posted here you actually enjoyed playing games. Apparently this isn't the case.

Also, you can always go back and play "_________ IV" or "______2" or whatever game you think was "the last truly good RPG EVER" from the golden age of RPGs in your head.

Twotricks: That is your guess based on a bunch of marketing and press statements.
No , that is based on preview article.

The combat is now as in action RPG. You press a button and the character swings a sword. Like "god of war" for example.

I am not saying its bad (not until we see it in action) But its a shame , because DA:O was one of the last rpg's with isometric strategic combat. And it was very successful.

I just dont see why they had to change that ?

There is more than plenty action rpgs out there anyway

No , that is based on preview article.

The combat is now as in action RPG. You press a button and the character swings a sword. Like "god of war" for example.

That's only the console version, the PC version has auto-attack like DAO.

Sorry if I sounded harsh.

I'm just tired of reading variations on "They changed it, so it's gonna suck" for every other comment around here. You're of course entitled to your opinion, but so am I. :)

Back
Top Bottom