Voting for the best rpg 2007 - ign

This was in the news earlier, zima, but it's good to see the Witcher now has such a big lead ( my vote, too.) :)

made my contribution to witcher ;)

Oh sorry, I missed it.

No problem. Maybe this will get a few more people to vote.

Here's the thread if you want to read it. :)

Edit: Some of the comments seem to indicate that people are thinking the vote has been hacked. The numbers *are* just a bit high...

Last edited:
being as i haven't had the fortune of playing the witcher yet, i had to vote for stalker which i love, and have been replaying over the past week. it still has some minor problems, but i've noticed a bunch of changes/added content since i played through it last may.

No problem. Maybe this will get a few more people to vote.

Here's the thread if you want to read it. :)

Edit: Some of the comments seem to indicate that people are thinking the vote has been hacked. The numbers *are* just a bit high...

Thanks Magerette.
I don't know if vote was hacked but you don't have to register to vote, so polls like that are always more popular. I saw promotion of this voting on various forums and finally decided to vote ;), although choosing candidates for the best rpg is a little strange (mixing mmo with single-rpgs and games with elements of rpg).

Myabe it's naive but I hope the voting wasn't hacked and it shows interests in rpgs games.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. went much higher since my last checking results.

Last edited:
I must be a real putz. I haven't played a single game on that list and HG:L is the only title that even hit my radar (at least until the board went gaga over Witcher).

Which got me wondering what the heck I have played this year. I can only come up with these: FastCrawl, UFO:ET, Bioshock (that wasn't even a planned purchase), Puzzle Quest, and currently Eschalon. *shudder* Have I turned into a casual gamer???

I must be a real putz. I haven't played a single game on that list and HG:L is the only title that even hit my radar (at least until the board went gaga over Witcher).

Which got me wondering what the heck I have played this year. I can only come up with these: FastCrawl, UFO:ET, Bioshock (that wasn't even a planned purchase), Puzzle Quest, and currently Eschalon. *shudder* Have I turned into a casual gamer???

Be happy, I've been playing Football Manager, Pro Evolution Soccer and Warcraft 3, and I'm only 20! (Apart from the occational faliure at getting into a new RPG. And the BG2 session, but that halted pretty abruptly too after few weeks.)

Übereil

Actually, I'm not just whining. I'm seriously asking if I (and apparently Ubereil, too) would properly be called a casual gamer. That's a pretty short list and Eschalon is the only real RPG on it. Sure, I lost a few months to the dead rig, but that's a sad list of games played. Well, I suppose it's more short than sad--quality-wise, I'd say I played some very good games, but only 1 true RPG and only 5 total?!?

Could it just possibly be because you have a life, dte? Raising kids, moving to a new city, selling houses, melting computers with unknown viruses--possibly you just haven't had the time, the sheckels or the opportunity to get your teeth into a huge number of games. All those games are new and cost big bucks--puts a dent in the Wild Dog food. I'd look at what you've played over the last five years or so and see what you get before you put the revolver to your head. :)

Wow, The Witcher is winning and people are complaining why Mass Effect isn't. Some even have the gall to call The Witcher garbage and that this year is a crappy year for RPG. There's The Witcher, Mask of the Betrayer, and Eschalon. Well, that's not much actually but, nowadays, it's a blessing to even have one quality RPG.

Back
Top Bottom