Call of Pripyat Mods?

skinnychicken

Watcher
Since I've seen the bad news about Stalker 2, I've been inspired to give Call of Pripyat a second chance. Can anyone recommend an all-in-one mod or some of the best mod combinations to use? I've looked at downloading Reloaded, Complete, I Work Alone, Atmosfear, and I'm having trouble deciding.

Thanks!

I'd be interested in this as well. Been thinking of restarting CoP sometime soon(ish) and have been checking the mod sites for good CoP mods. There are several firearm realism mods, for example, but it's hard to get any good/objective info about them. So, I'd appreciate your thoughts and preferences on CoP mods. Which of them are good, which bad and which ugly? I'm mostly interested in realism mods and the like, not so much in graphics mods.

However, a good all-in-one mod would be good too (like what the OP is after). If I remember it right, CoP Complete isn't ready yet and I wouldn't want to install any mods that aren't finalized (as much as mods are finalized). So in my case, I'd only be interested in finalized, tried and true mods.

If you don't mind me asking, are you looking for mods because you've already finished the vanilla game, or did you simply not find it worthwhile?

Just curious because I haven't play CoP yet, but I'm thinking of starting a playthrough of the entire trilogy in the near future.

I just had a lot of trouble getting into the vanilla game. I can't pinpoint exactly why. I really enjoyed vanilla SoC.

If you don't mind me asking, are you looking for mods because you've already finished the vanilla game, or did you simply not find it worthwhile?
I played CoP when it was released for several hours and found it really interesting and worthwhile, but the weapon modelling was really poor (which is a serious crime in a game like this). For example, weapon accuracy for most weapons was unrealistically appalling (you start with a short-barreled AKS-74U and yes, its accuracy isn't the best in the world, but it was ridiculously poor in the vanilla game) and iron sight aiming was borked (it showed the wrong aim point). So, I started to look for good mods to fix those issues and found several unfinished ones (back in the day, might well be finished now) and did some testing with them, not really settling on any one mod. THen I found out mods that would do more "fixing" of the game (e.g. improving the survival aspects etc.) and started to shift through those. This hunting for mods and not playing the game eventually lead to me dropping the game, however, with the thought that one day I'd mod it to "perfection" and start anew. It has been sitting on my HD since then.

I'd really, really like to give it a go again, but don't have much stamina to trawl though all those varying mods again. I'd basically settle for a solid weapon realism mod and a good survival mod (plus maybe a sound mod, the weapon sounds weren't very good, IIRC).

I can only tell you that I believe the Complete Mod (which is ahem, pretty much complete, meaning I don't think artistpavel is really working with it much these days) was an improvement over the vanilla game in those aspects too, but I cannot compare it with the rest as it is the only one I have played for any significant time. That said I am mostly in it for the atmosphere and sandbox gameplay and not the ultra realistic gun mechanics per se, so ymmv.

Just don't expect the game to be completely transformed as in SOC complete. More like incrementally refined and enhanced (especially the atmosphere). Totally worth it imo (but I take a strong PC as a given because it comes with a significant performance hit).

I would also suggest selecting the "Zombie" Emmision option for extra fun and games ;)

Now you reminded me that I am not getting my stalker 2 and I am depressed again :(

Back
Top Bottom