Pricewatch!

Lucky Day

Daywatch
OK, there's already a major site called Pricewatch but I thought I'd start one of our own. We've had several posts asking about where the official price thread was and then they post their best buys. Unfortunately, it gets scattered.

Today Christmas shoppers could pick up Divine Divinity in Jewel Case for $7.99 at Target. I think the sale lasts till Saturday.

If you could post any great deals and where they're at that could make our shopping easier. Maybe this can get stickied.

They(Target) also have some kind of Disciples II bundle for $7.99 that includes all the main campaigns and the two Light and Dark xpak mini campaigns as well--many many happy hours of gaming that cost me many many more bucks at the time of release....

Also, the 48 hour madness at gogamer.com has the Hellgate:London CE for 39.90.

Last edited:
Unfortunately these deals only apply to those unfortunates who are forced to live in the USA!! :) Those of us in the real world don't seem to get those opportunities!!

I just bought a ton of games for my family with amazon. These are some of the ones I bought that were not too expensive.

Lego Star Wars II - 17.99
Sam & Max Episode 1 - 19.99
NWN: Diamond - 14.99
Space Quest Collection - 18.99
Kings Quest Collection - 16.99
Temple of Elemental Evil - 9.99 (Jewel)

All of these had free shipping. I think it is only for the US, sorry Corwin. I may be wrong though. I didn't check over the supersaver shipping in detail.

I'm sure everyone already knows but be careful if the prices seem too good to be true, like if a game is only $0.01. The shipping for the game is where they make their money and it definatly won't have free shipping.

A few more that I noticed while browsing amazon.
Freedom Force vs Third Riech - 4.99
Mage Knight Apocolypse - 9.97
Beyond Good and Evil - 12.97
Gothic 3 - 17.99
Dawn of War (Gold Edition) - 19.99
Star Wars KOTOR 2 - 19.99

Unfortunately these deals only apply to those unfortunates who are forced to live in the USA!! :) Those of us in the real world don't seem to get those opportunities!!

Isn't Target actually a French-owned company? I would think they might have some outlets in Europe. Anyone know?

Originally Posted by Corwin
Unfortunately these deals only apply to those unfortunates who are forced to live in the USA!! Those of us in the real world don't seem to get those opportunities!!
By real world you mean a giant desert smack dab at the bottom of the Pacific Ocean, right?:D

By all means post some deals in Australian Dollars if you see them. You guys get screwed on a lot of deals so your Supreme Court had to outlaw Regional controls on games and DVD's if I remember.

Isn't Target actually a French-owned company? I would think they might have some outlets in Europe. Anyone know?

Its only French if you call it Tar-jay. Its much more upscale than say Wally World.

Also, the Salvation Army still aren't allowed in front of their store. That's how exclusive they are.

edit: I did some more checking and apaprently the French rumour started by an accidental snub of a marine. From snopes:
The Target Corporation is a publicly held, U.S.-based firm< which has been headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, since it began as the Dayton Dry Goods Company in 1902. Target is not now, nor has it ever been, foreign-owned. (A French-based financial institution, AXA</A>, holds about 42 million shares of Target stock, but that holding constitutes less than 5% of Target Corporation's outstanding shares.)-2002

and it looks like they are doing something for the SallyAnn again

http://www.salvationarmyusa.org/usn...C243B3583468A6E7852572260057D753?opendocument

Last edited:
Yea, that damn target only allows the upper middle class into their stores. They have a Bouncer named Bubba at all their stores. He checks your wallet for platinum credit cards. If you only have a Gold card, he bounces you out of Target and calls you really bad names.

LOL, I just paid $39.99 on amazon for Dark Star One. It was supposed to be a Christmas gift to my brother, but if you can find it for only $7.99. Then I'm going to hire Bubba to get it back from him and buy it from your store.

I also saw Puzzle Quest for $20 at Circuit City yesterday. I know this is standard price but a number of people were saying they were having trouble finding it at retail.

They also had Mask of the Betrayer for $25, $5 less than anywhere else. By the time I got there they were sold out though :(
--

Its not game related but CC is also dumping their floppy drives for $15 if you still have need for one.

Last edited:
You mean they pay YOU $15 to take one away? :)

This is a long-help source of grief for Star Wars collectors - outside the U.S. , of course. For example. I know at least the German position of it, and some other voices, Dutch, for example, and Australian ...

The prices are *so much* different, people for example just can't believe the difference.

The usual explanation goes that this is due two a totally different economy in the U.S. , whereas the EU for example has lots of taxes and government rules.

I could try to explain much more on it - as far as I know - but I think this would become a lenghty text.

that goes both ways though. I can't get a Staedtler pen on the cheap to save my life and legos are ridiculously high. Here's a question then: do Star Ways Legos cost as much there as they do here? (I found out in my technical writing class that premade legos are so high and simple because of the difficulty and expense in design and making instructions for them. we had to do some of our own. it was a very practical assignment for engineers).

A good solution may be to list the best places for shipping overseas. I was certainly interested in the DVD version of Myst III but it was only available in Germany and it would have cost more to ship than the game itself. Some people said Amazon UK was good but I've had problems with them willing to ship to NA. What companies don't look twice when doing exports?

Its only French if you call it Tar-jay. Its much more upscale than say Wally World.

Thanks for the information, Lucky. Sometimes that -5 penalty to Shopping Lore I took( so I could put extra points in Toenail Painting) really shows up. ;)

Last edited:
that goes both ways though. I can't get a Staedtler pen on the cheap to save my life and legos are ridiculously high. Here's a question then: do Star Ways Legos cost as much there as they do here?

I don't know, because I don't know *your* price. ;)

You might try the official shop : http://shop.lego.com/Default.aspx

And what you call "ridiculosly high" might just be normal here ... ;)

OK, there's already a major site called Pricewatch but I thought I'd start one of our own. We've had several posts asking about where the official price thread was and then they post their best buys. Unfortunately, it gets scattered.

Today Christmas shoppers could pick up Divine Divinity in Jewel Case for $7.99 at Target. I think the sale lasts till Saturday.

If you could post any great deals and where they're at that could make our shopping easier. Maybe this can get stickied.

EB Games in OZ has Divine Divinity on sale for $4.95 I picked that up and Beyond Divinity as well for 4.95

Big hello to everyone also :)

Hello mate, what part of Brissie do you hale from? I bought the DD games when they were released. DD is a bargain at that price, but BD............. You might have paid too much!! :)

Hello mate, what part of Brissie do you hale from? I bought the DD games when they were released. DD is a bargain at that price, but BD............. You might have paid too much!! :)

Not to give my exact location I'll say Mt Ommaney is close for me - Your not looking to sell those copies are you ;) I'd prefer to get the original releases when possible :biggrin:

Well, Loganholme is close to me!! Nah, I never sell my games, I even kept PoR2!!!!! (Shudder)

Back
Top Bottom