Pricewatch!

Last remnant is 75% off and costs $3 on Greenman gaming. Apply code COSYO-UDIDN-TGET1 for complete discount.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/se/en/pc/games/rpgs/last-remnant/

Thanks, I grabbed it out of curiosity. First time I've ever actually purchased something from GMG.

Is it any good in your opinion? I noticed the metascore is only 66..

I bought it at ~$7 earlier in the Summer Sale. Oh well…

That's still a good deal. It's far from Bioware's best, but it's worth a playthrough for the setting alone, imo.

Here's my Steam Summer Sale damage:

Jul 23, 2012
$4.99
Demigod

Jul 22, 2012
$6.24
Evochron Mercenary

Jul 21, 2012
$8.99
Crysis Maximum Edition

Jul 21, 2012
$4.99
Bulletstorm

Jul 18, 2012
$4.99
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat (Stand-alone)

Jul 17, 2012
$7.49
Dungeon Siege I, II, III with Treasures of the Sun DLC

Jul 16, 2012
$14.98
Penumbra Collectors Pack
Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition

TOTAL DAMAGE = $52.67
TOTAL # OF GAMES = 14
DAMAGE PER GAME = $3.76

To die by series of small cuts…. ;)

Thanks, I grabbed it out of curiosity. First time I've ever actually purchased something from GMG.

Is it any good in your opinion? I noticed the metascore is only 66..

That's still a good deal. It's far from Bioware's best, but it's worth a playthrough for the setting alone, imo.

Last Remnant? I played it about a year ago. I liked it a lot, though it's definitely not perfect. Very strategic if I remember correctly, you selected your party members in several groups, and directed each group in general of what they should do. I remember wanting more precise options, but it wasn't that much of a problem.

Unlike most, I really liked the original Dungeon Siege a lot, I should have grabbed it during that sale!

My damage wasnt that bad this time around, i got Orcs must Die, a cool game called Men of War, and a couple others that I was curious about, ran me about 25.00 total. That said, they already reaped my bank account good on prior sales!

The Ys games look kinda intersting, it would be my first foray into jrpgness

Oh an yeah, DELL is totally having an Alienware sale, and free shipping. I shouldnt be, but I'm totally fantasizing about the M11x . I could get one totally tricked out, and be playing top and bottom shelf games here in bed for 1,300.oo. Must resist!

Last edited:
Beyond Divinity is free on GreenManGaming

Dang, I'm sorry to have missed that. I haven't heard too much positive feedback on Beyond Divinity so I have never splurged on it, but I have liked the other games in the series and would definitely have checked it out had I known this.

Oh an yeah, DELL is totally having an Alienware sale, and free shipping. I shouldnt be, but I'm totally fantasizing about the M11x . I could get one totally tricked out, and be playing top and bottom shelf games here in bed for 1,300.oo. Must resist!

I had a 1st and 3rd gen m11x (current is 4th gen), and ultimately sold them off. The size is nice, but they are as heavy as a normal laptop, and some of the compromises hurt it in comparison to other laptops. I found I could get a 13" Sony with 15-hour battery life (add-on batter clips to base), similar specs, and more features for less money ...

I got Total War:
Rome Gold edition
Rome Alexander expansion
Medieval 2 + Kingdoms expansion
Empire + addons
Napoleon + addons
Shogun + expansions
Other games included in SEGA pack.
All for £35 or about $45

I've played one campaign of Alexander, one short campaign of Medieval 2, playing another one now. Will do one of each of the campaigns for the expansion next.

X SuperBox on steam at the reduced price of 75%

Bought the series as reading here made me want to play them, also thanks for heads up about Indie Rolale.

Speaking of GOG, they've added a true adventure gem in the catalogue: Ceville. It's one of those adventures where you constantly laugh your arse off (in my case neighbors didn't mind, they already think I'm completely crazy).
Some info on the game, demo and the trailer:
http://www.ceville-game.com/en/index_en.html
A thorough review:
http://www.adventuregamers.com/articles/view/18267

GOG asks 9.99€ for the game. The same price is on eu-adventureshop.gamesplanet and GamersGate. If you didn't spend just everything on the Steam sale and you want this game, Steam again is the best option, the game will cost you 6.99€ there:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/23460/

If you're into adventures, this game is a must have.

I've seen "Swords & Soldiers" a few days ago in one Woolworth shop for only 1,99 € !

I've seen "Swords & Soldiers" a few days ago in one Woolworth shop for only 1,99 € !

It is a very simplistic game, and I would say that ~2€ is the right price for it. From what I've heard it was originally a smartphone game, and for a smartphone it would probably be quite alright, but as a PC-game, well there are a lot better PC-games out there.

I'll buy it anway, because it looks like fun to me.
Perhaps it could be a good "break game", so to say. ;)
And sometimes less is more. ;)

Back
Top Bottom