Skyrim Poll: Morrowind vs Skyrim to the death

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Morrowind vs. Skyrim: which is better?

• Morrowind 4 Life (even if it needs a texture pack!)

Votes: 21 58.3%
  • Move over old-timer, Skyrim is better

Votes: 15 41.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Does Dart mean Prick in Danish, too? This fake superiority aura will certainly make people not read your posts, ya know. Thinking that exploration is better in samey Skyrim over Morrowind is truly spectacularly dumb.

20 to 15!

While "It aint over til the fat Dunmer sings", this is definitely looking good for MW.

Everyone who feels strongly about either will have voted by now, the stragglers will more likely just solidify what we already know: Morrowind Rules

Does Dart mean Prick in Danish, too? This fake superiority aura will certainly make people not read your posts, ya know. Thinking that exploration is better in samey Skyrim over Morrowind is truly spectacularly dumb.

He thinks normal people talk to each other like that. And that any negative reaction that stems from it to be solely the fault of his audience.

Stuff like the above quote seems pretty darn condescending though, and hypocritical as well when it (technical aspects aside, but I dont think you or anyone else considers that the sole factor in determining the better RPG) boils down to a "for me" qualifier.

Going by the rest of the thread and past discussions I dont think I'm the only one to be rubbed the wrong way by this style either.;-)

People get rubbed the wrong way on this board and all other boards on a daily basis.

It basically boils down to whether you can accept the opinions of other people or not.

If you think it's about how I articulate my opinion - think again. It's because what I present is my ACTUAL opinion - and not a watered down sugar-coated half-hearted version of my opinion.

If you knew the ACTUAL opinion of other people here - you'd react the same way. Well, or maybe you'd soon realise that it's no problem that people have a very different opinion than you do. It's ok that they don't think much of YOUR opinion.

But in my world, opposing opinions are as natural as the sun coming up. It's nothing personal - and it's OK.

I have no issue with people calling my opinions a bunch of nonsense. The interesting thing is whether they can support their own opinions and argue their case. It might turn out that they're 100% correct.

I've had many, many idiotic opinions throughout life. The only way to realise that is if people are willing to point them out - rather than being wishy washy about it.

I wrote a bunch of replies - but reconsidered and deleted them.

I've created a thread in off-topic that's more relevant. Feel free to go there if you want to bash me.

I'll stay out of this thread for a while - and maybe return if we can stay on topic.

I'm not a graphics but a story whore.
To me nothing in Skyrim can compare to rediculous but actually fun possibilities in Morrowind (killing Vivec, finding the last living dwarf that in fact is not dwarf at all, etc).
The only thing Skyrim does better than Morrowind is graphics. Everything else is dumbed down, in fact done worse probably to suck up to wide low IQ audience journalists-reviewers.

So my vote goes to…

Well... Combat is visceral in Skyrim, Morrowind cannot hope to compare on that count. I love Skyrim, I just wish it had the depth and majesty of Morrowind.

Well… Combat is visceral in Skyrim, Morrowind cannot hope to compare on that count. I love Skyrim, I just wish it had the depth and majesty of Morrowind.

I agree with that but I like the setting of nordic Skyrim a lot more than outerworldly Morrowind.

I agree with that but I like the setting of nordic Skyrim a lot more than outerworldly Morrowind.

I agree with Todd also but disagree a 180% with the setting, I still play and enjoy the "outerworldly" Morrowind over just about any other game world I've played.

Maybe living in Canada has bored me with any type of Nordic/Winter setting.

I agree with Todd also but disagree a 180% with the setting, I still play and enjoy the "outerworldly" Morrowind over just about any other game world I've played..

Morrowind is my favorite setting in an open-world game after Myrtana (Gothic 1&2).

In fairness though, I haven't played enough of Skyrim yet to fully judge the setting.

Morrowind with all adds, played and enjoyed, yeah, sometimes got bored but still played it trough, Oblivion with adds, played it, enjoyed, sometimes got bored but then again kept playing it, Skyrim with all adds, played and enjoyed, sometimes got bored but kept again playing it.

All in all each game has had something to keep me playing, so maybe i loved them all ;)

Skyrim is overall the better game, by quite a margin I'd say, but Morrowind has one thing Skyrim doesn't: A very interesting setting. Don't get me wrong, I like Norse mythology, but I see mountains and fjords every day here in Norway. They're not exactly exciting to me. Don't even get me started on the blasted snow.

Anyway, I'm actually not going to vote, as it's a draw to me. I really like the almost alien setting of Morrowind, but the rest is superior in Skyrim.

I never finished Morrowind, got bored to death in Ashland, but still played it for over 100 hours. I have over 700 hours in Skyrim and I don't ever plan on uninstalling it, so it won by a landslide for me. I have never played the prettified version of Morrowind though, so it deserves another look someday soon.

Well… Combat is visceral in Skyrim, Morrowind cannot hope to compare on that count. I love Skyrim, I just wish it had the depth and majesty of Morrowind.

There's no contest in that department. Morrowinds combat is quite bad, while Oblivions is fine.

Back
Top Bottom