Baldur's Gate: EE - Patch 1.2.0 Released

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
In case you missed the news from the earlier news-bit Overhaul Games has finally released the next patch they promised will fix the game for everyone.

Here is the forum annoucement with all the changes, and if your game is on Steam the update should be avaiable by Monday.

I hope you all remembered to equip helmets, because this patch is a CRITICAL HIT. We've resolved over 300 discreet issues, added numerous new features, and optimized performance on all systems.

We would like to thank everyone who has helped in the beta testing phases over the last few weeks.
More information.

That sounds like the game was already released (with tons of bugs). But in fact it's still beta and will be released November 15th.

That sounds like the game was already released (with tons of bugs). But in fact it's still beta and will be released November 15th.
No that's called me messing up. It should be Baldur's Gate: EE, and it's fixed now. I'm not apologizing as I'm exhausted right now from work.:)

Last edited:
Well, I played it for a bit - and within 10 minutes, while scrolling around the map, my character somehow ended up on the left side of Candlekeep (outside) and I couldn't get back inside.

Not sure what happened there, but it was quite an unfortunate bug.

It's nice that they've allowed UI scaling - but I prefer it to be off. That said, I've come to appreciate the zoom function playing in 1920x1080. I usually play in 720 - but I can see why you'd want to zoom once in a while in high res.

It's nice that they've allowed UI scaling - but I prefer it to be off. That said, I've come to appreciate the zoom function playing in 1920x1080. I usually play in 720 - but I can see why you'd want to zoom once in a while in high res.

Yeah, and it actually works properly now too. In the past it would reset every time you changed zone (even in/out of a house), but it seems to stick better now. I use it quite a bit.

The new patch is really good. The UI is much better, and it finally runs smoothly on my laptop - without flicker. This was always a frustrating problem with nvidea chips but they seem to have sorted it out. I only turned it on to have a look, but I seem to have been sucked onto another playthrough. Pleased to see more kits as well - shadowdancers and dwarven defenders, which I don't remember being in vanilla.

I see. More importantly though, will it corrupt my saves?

I haven't seen comment on the official forums about corrupted saves because of the patch.

Its quite annoying how Atari forces us steam users to wait the patch. :mad:

Just to let you guys know that STEAM just updated baldur's gate EE to 1.20 :)

Good that Beamdog got it sorted out.

Just to let you guys know that STEAM just updated baldur's gate EE to 1.20 :)

Good that Beamdog got it sorted out.
Thanks for the info I was curious as they said it would be released on Monday. It seems Beamdog now controls the Steam release not Atari. So that's good news for the next game.

Thanks for the info I was curious as they originally said it would be released on Monday. Also It seems Beamdog now controls the Steam release not Atari. So that's good news for the next game.

Yeah looks that way. :) What I gathered from the forums is that they finally got some kind of access to steam version and can actully modify the steam page of BG EE.

I just spent about an hour with it, and I'm impressed. It looks like they came through with everything they promised.

The changes to the font is the most significant difference for me. One issue I had with BGEE prior to this patch was eye strain because of the blurry text. It's nice and crisp now and makes the whole game seem a bit cleaner. They also finally fixed the cinematics which ran like crap before.

Looks fantastic for a 15 year-old game. :)

Yes indeed. Also, I just completed it with the new patch and did not encounter a single significant bug. Very surprising given the scope of the patch, though I assume most of the new assets (kits, interface, fonts etc) was developed for both BG: EE and BG2: EE so they've probably been testing it internally for quite some time.

Back
Top Bottom