Good Old Games - Ultima I-III released

I played U1 a few years back and finished it in about 4 hours. Probably could have done it faster, but I am one of those that must explore every single inch of the world and complete every quest! I image U2 and U3 are probably the same time frames.

I've never really played U1 or U2 other than to sample them, but I recall U3 taking *much* longer than that to finish. Of course that was a long time ago, and I was pretty young then..

Looks like GOG has Ultima Underworld 1 & 2 as well. Is that new? I don't remember see them there before.

They were released in June.

I started with U2 finished it, then 3 finished it 4 finished it 5 never finished, 6 hated..finished both 7 and 7part 2 (part2 my all time fav game) hated 8 played 9 and didn't finish it until a fans page updated it and it was alot of fun…

I've never really played U1 or U2 other than to sample them, but I recall U3 taking *much* longer than that to finish. Of course that was a long time ago, and I was pretty young then..

A lot of the decreased time for the game is simply processing time. I remember on my C64, it took at least a minute if not more just to load the game, and often when entering a dungeon, it took bit to load the screen. The battles were longer too because it took at least a few seconds from when you input your move to when the next move was available, and then as much as 20 seconds for all the enemies to go through their turns (depending on the numbers of enemies). So battles could easily last 10-15 minutes. Now, all that lag is gone (unless you really dial down DosBox) and that same battle might only last a minute and a half.

I distinctly remember with U4 having to sit around and wait for the right moon phases to harvest nightshade or mandrake, or to get the right moongate to appear. That used to take for ever, not you just hold down the space bar and in 20-30 seconds you're pretty much guaranteed to get what you need.

Back
Top Bottom