Umbra - Kickstarter Update #7

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Umbra Double Feature Theatre!
Almost $200,000 pledged by close to 6,000 backers! That means that any moment now we’ll be less than $25,000 away from making the game a reality!

Today, we are going to share a long video with footage for Umbra. We recorded a gameplay video that will let you see more about the game and the skills you’ll be using. We also detail some of the game features that are already implemented, as well as others that will be available in the final game.

Also, as a bonus, we added the one-hour twitch session with Crytek that took place two days ago! It was a great time, and we had a lot of fun sharing this session with Crytek and with all the viewers, and the video is quite instructive about the game! Oh, and if you want to get some of your friends and followers on social media join us to fund Umbra, be sure to share both videos with them!

More information.

Meh. More Witcher clones and less Diablo clones, please! :)

I actually really like this type of gameplay, I just always wish the "clones" (a term I think that does disservice to RPG's) more commonly implemented better systems, ie C&C, factions, interesting quests, etc. We have some open world versions, such as Divine Divinity and Sacred 1 & 2, but I think Divine Divinity is the only one that really bridged the gap between the iso aRPG and the more hardcore RPG's ala Baldur's Gate, Fallout, etc.

I backed this game and like what I see so far, though I admit I haven't been paying much attention to how many of those elements are going to make it in. I remember hearing that it is open world and that was enough for me to take the plunge.

I'm still waiting for the factions in Grim Dawn, seems like they are trying to bridge that RPG/aRPG gap slightly by implementing some gameplay systems like that.

I just like to see RPGs built with a quality engine. Not really my style of game, but I think it looks fantastic.

Back
Top Bottom