Square Enix - DX: HR and Dungeon Siege 3 Sales Figures

If you count in that many costumer preordered DS3 on Steam just to get DS1 and DS2 for free, it is clear that I am not the only one who found that game the crapiest console port ever.
:furious:

If you count in that many costumer preordered DS3 on Steam just to get DS1 and DS2 for free, it is clear that I am not the only one who found that game the crapiest console port ever.

If DSIII was the crappiest console port for you then.... you haven't played many console ports.

Like any old Capcom Port for example.

For me DS3 beats the crap out of at least the previous titles in the series. Interactive screensaver versus an interactive screensaver, that gives me a bit of choice and actually has a bit of lore and background for the world. Yeah, the controls sucked at first for the pc, but after the patch they're not so bad.

I loved DS3. Sure it wasn't anything like DS1&2, but it was a great action hack'n slash game in the veins of Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance or Gauntlet, and indeed it had quite bit of lore which was really nice. Sure Obsidian dropped the ball on the PC controls at first but that's kinda a minor issue compared to the fun I had with the game (and I don't care since it played perfectly with a 360 controller :p)

And it was actually a great port on the whole, nevermind the fact that it was also techincally flawless with no bugs to speak of, which makes me very hopeful about future Onyx engine games.

And seriously since when Dungeon Siege 1&2 have become classics upon which we should lament? I barely remember anyone praising them - if anything DS1 seemed to be a colossal dissapointment back then, and all I remember are people saying how boring it was. I've ceased counting the number of people who told me that the only interest of buying Dungeon Siege was to play Ultima V: Lazarus :p

Frankly I've tried playing DS1 multiple times, and every time I stopped out of boredom after a couple hours of playing. I blasted through DS3 and had much more fun with it by a long shot.

A different kind of game it might be, but it'd argue it succeed much more in doing what he aimed than DS ever did before.

-Sergorn

Resident Evil 4 were awful.

For me it's DSII>DSIII>DSI

But the expansion for DSII was terrible.

I think in DSII they (Gas Powered Games) already did more with the story and lore than with DSI.

Including the console-port feeling of DSIII I just have to put DSII inches before DSIII.

I couldn't get into 3's demo, but that was pre-patching. I may have to try DSIII someday because I like Obsidian for the most part.

I was very excited for DS3, really enjoying Ds2 and expantion and top down ARPGs are my favorite type of rpg. Even loved LOKI , so i am very forgiving when it comes to this genre. After playing DS3 for 3 20 min i couldnt beleive what they did to not only the series but the genre itself. Truly it was made for XBOX . It really felt like it was made foe 8 year olds . One of my biggest disappointments of the year. Maybe if they didnt use the DS name fans of the genre would have been a little more forgiving. Instead the tryed to cash in on consoles, and in my eyes failed.

Ah yes, 2 more fine examples of the PC elitist pricks that have started roaming the Watch. Well done sirs, you can share the "ass-hat of the day" award :party2:

As for the DS series I agree with JuliusMagnus. DS2 was actually a pretty good game. I must admit that the Obsidian name was the main reason I purchased DS3 and about halfway through the game I started wishing for the end.

Ah yes, 2 more fine examples of the PC elitist pricks that have started roaming the Watch. Well done sirs, you can share the "ass-hat of the day" award :party2:

I'll have one hat, just tell me when you're done wearing it.

I've only played the DS3 demo so far - but what I liked far most of it is this Fire lemental. I wish I had had this idea earlier ! ;) Because then I'd include her in my own fantasy universe ! ;) (She fits so incredibly well into my own fantasy universe that I sometimes have the feeling as if they had been stealing her concept from me … ;) )

I'll have one hat, just tell me when you're done wearing it.

I'll take that hat also since I'm proud to be be a pcgamer over consoles;) Doesn't make me a Pc-elitist to see a flaw in game because of console design.

Sure i will wear the PC elitist hat , but i dont think i said anything yesterday that justifies being called a prick. All i said was the game has been stripped or dumbed down to fit console bottom feeding needs . First time i have ever seen a hack and slash simplified, didnt know that was possible. Now im a prick ! I have played Dungeon Hunter for PS3 and it stays true to the hack and slash genre.

Sure i will wear the PC elitist hat , but i dont think i said anything yesterday that justifies being called a prick. All i said was the game has been stripped or dumbed down to fit console bottom feeding needs . First time i have ever seen a hack and slash simplified, didnt know that was possible. Now im a prick ! I have played Dungeon Hunter for PS3 and it stays true to the hack and slash genre.

How exactly has this game been dumbed down compared to say the original Dungeon Siege? How can you dumb down a game, that essentially already plays itself?

Sure i will wear the PC elitist hat , but i dont think i said anything yesterday that justifies being called a prick.

Well, let's see.

Truly it was made for XBOX . It really felt like it was made foe 8 year olds.

In these two sentences you imply that games made for Xbox are made for 8-year-olds. That's quite insulting, isn't it?

Seriously, I feel that the hack-and-slash genre is a perfect fit for the braindead shitbox toys. Give me a controller for hacking and slashing through endless monsters over keyboard and mouse any day. And now I go back to playing my dumbed down bottom feeding Uncharted 3 game.

I used to be a member of the Pc Master Race, then i started mixing it up w/ consoles and saw what a fool I was. There's plenty of good stuff on consoles, and some of it is console-only.

When did this PC elitist stuff start? I know I prefer the PC over anything else, but still have a console. Same as I did when I was a kid. I had Nintendo and the PC. Hell, before that I had Intellivision and C64.

I guess it was when companies started making games for both system that the hate began. I guess that's when I started hating the console.

I don't mind playing a game like Super Mario Brothers on the console and then play something like Darksun or the old goldbox games on the PC. Both of those games took advantage of the different systems they were on. While you could (and IIRC some people have made it for the PC) play Super Mario Brothers on the PC the game is a lot more fun on the Nintendo. Same goes with Darksun. I guess they could try to rig some kind of UI for that game for the console, but it would be tedious.

It's too bad that we can't have clear distinctions between the two types of systems anymore. I'd like a more cerebral game on the PC and a more gamepad orientated one on the console……..

speaking of that. How in the hell do these people play FPS games on a freaking console. It drives me nuts that my reaction time is so slow on it. For a few it works well like in Red Dead Redemtion. I got so used to it that I turned off the targeted assists, but that's not really a pure FPS.

Oh well, at least a few companies still make the games just for our system in mind. There aren't many like CDP RED is the only one off the top of my head that truly made the game for the PC first and foremost.

I was feeling a little weird today so this has been way off topic. Just you guys got me thinking about why I hate it when I hear the word console when I own a damn console and now I figured out why. Thanks :)

Back
Top Bottom