LucasArts - Classic adventure games remastered

Hexprone

Thou hast lost an eighth!
It ain't even halfway an RPG, but all the world should be celebrating the upcoming remaster of the wonderful Grim Fandango from Double Fine, and it's now been announced that they're doing Day of the Tentacle too. You'll only see PS4 logos in the trailer below, but both games will be on PC as well.

More information.

I have fond memories about Day of the Tentacle and Grim Fandango. I hope we can also see Maniac Mansion 3 or Grim Fandango 2 in the future.

Yay - always love efforts to keep the classics going.

DOTT is my all time favourite among adventure games. Very clever, all those paradoxes. Remastered versions = instabuy (unless significant somethings are lost on ths way).

Pibbur who has a vacuum cleaner in his basement

I have never played Grim Fandango, but I know Day of the Tentacle is pretty great :). It would be nice to see remasters of Fate of Atlantis, and The Dig, and Curse of Monkey Island. I hope someone does this with the old Sierra games.

I've been waiting years for Manny to make his return. I've probably participated in 3 or 4 community wishlist over at GOG for Grim Fandango.

However, according to the trailer this game is going to be ready for the PS4 this January. I hope that also holds true for the PC version.

I did enjoy Grim when I played it all those years ago but it's a poor mans Monkey Island if you ask me.

Speaking of remakes, they should have made the Indiana Jones 4 movie based on "The Fate of Atlantis", not that skull thing.

I have fond memories about Day of the Tentacle and Grim Fandango. I hope we can also see Maniac Mansion 3 or Grim Fandango 2 in the future.
We may get the next best thing with Thimbleweed Park, by Maniac Mansion creators Ron Gilbert and Gary Winnick. It's a new retro style point & click Adventure that has already been funded but has 10 days left to go on Kickstarter.

I played Maniac Mansion for the first time within Day of the Tentacle. What a great experience of meta gaming that was.

I feel like I could... like I could...

Think I am gonna have to back that one. I bought the original monkey island on 5.25 inch floppies and played and finished it on a 8088 monochrome pc.

Great News ! :)

Sadly it probably means immersion breaking hint systems and other ways in which they will be adapted to casuals, especially if these ports are made with the console audience in mind.

DOTT is my all time favourite among adventure games. Very clever, all those paradoxes. Remastered versions = instabuy (unless significant somethings are lost on ths way).
It has been a long time since I played DOTT and I only remember bits and pieces but I do remember that it instantly became my all time favourite adventure game as well.

I haven't played Grim Fandango and I am eagerly awaiting to play that one.

its a fantastic game. not at all like monkey island. it has a totally different vibe and humor. the story is simply brilliant. and the characters are as real as a movie.

Back
Top Bottom