GamesRadar - You're not a Real Fan

magerette

Hedgewitch
GamesRadar has one of their tongue-in-cheek articles up about some seriously hardcore gamers called You're not a Real Fan and it may be worth a look just for some of the examples from beyond the fringe of gaming like this:
Think you’ve got a nice game library do you? We don’t care if you can bust out a copy of Little League Baseball or Duck Hunt for the NES. Your videogame library sucks and is in sore need of just about everything when compared to real collections. Click here for an interview with the anonymous owner of what might possibly be the largest personal videogame library ever. It’s so huge in fact, that he can’t even say how many systems or games he currently has stockpiled away. What he can say is that it took him over 16 years to amass his ginormous archive of vintage gaming titles, consoles and accessories.
More information.

I don't usually comment first on my own newsposts but I have to say--this guy's video collection is scary--easily covers more square footage than some houses I've lived in.

I checked the pictures at the end of the embedded link and went "At least he has some exercise equipment in there"--then I realized what I thought was a treadmill was an arcade game.:p

Sheesh.

Edit: I guess he does have an exercise bike in there, too...

I envy the guy.

He's got a heck of a lot more money than I do. I would love to have a collection similiar to his, but mine would consist of Intellivision, Atari, C64, Dos and windows games.

It's just a pipe dream though, I could never buy an EA sports game just for a collection ;p

Maybe he'll will his collection to posterity and open a video-gaming museum, or better yet, library. :)

Museum would be sweet.:) There are so few of that. :)

Berlin once had one, but it failed, since the town's government wasn't willing to help the originator of it (read: give him room/space).

Munich has a "software museum", I learned, but they accept no games, sadly.

Other than that, I don't know of any.

There is one in Sweden, it has been a loooooooooooooong time since I was there but when I was,,, they had a setup with a 16 computer LAN where you could play C&C I was overwhelmed ( IT IS A LONG TIME AGO OK )

This article is almost 2 years old.... maybe he got a much bigger one by now?

Awesome!

Well, I know where I'm headed if the apocalypse hits. Forget food, water and all that unecessary nonsense, I'll play games til I croak

There is one in Sweden, it has been a loooooooooooooong time since I was there but when I was,,, they had a setup with a 16 computer LAN where you could play C&C I was overwhelmed ( IT IS A LONG TIME AGO OK )

This article is almost 2 years old.... maybe he got a much bigger one by now?

Only if he bought a new house!:p

There's a video game library starting up in Austin Texas I think. I remember posting something about a bunch of video game devs donating their collections...it's been awhile though so the details escape me.

If you don’t already believe that Rock Lee and Hinata were meant to be, you probably don’t spend enough time thinking about Naruto

hehe ... that just cracked me up after listening to my kids on Naruto overdose on a 7 hour car ride yesterday ...

Back
Top Bottom