What do you do when you're bored ?

Watch again the 4 seasons of Battlestar Galactica. If I'm really, really bored than I'll watch the whole episodes of The World at War narrated by Laurence Olivier.

Well, I come here!! :) I also read a lot.

Bored? I am never bored……. I thought that was something for the peasants :D

Bored?

Hmm, there's too much entertainment available to be truly bored, at least for long.

But, taking a good long walk can be a good way to get things into a new perspective, and be inspired to try something new.

I find that just DOING something, even if you don't really want to - can make a difference. Suddenly you can be engaged - even when you least expect it.

Also, being creative - in whatever say, like writing, coding, drawing - whatever - can be tremendously satisfying. But it's very hard for me to maintain that creative drive, and I get distracted too easily. But I'd MUCH rather be working on my projects than playing a game - I'm just too lazy too often.

Going on a visit can also work, and being social in general can be a good way to be motivated. People often have thoughts and ideas that might trigger something within you.

I don't think I have been bored for the last 10-15 years or so. There is just too much I want to do and not enough time to do it in.
I wish I could do without sleeping, just for the extra time it gives me.

Well said. Have to say Im hardly ever truly bored nowadays. Im always either tired and busy or tired but unable to sleep because I want to do somthing. I sleep way too little.

Last time I was truly bored to death was 20 years ago when I was kid and we lived in middle of woods. There were hardly any neighbours and C64 with tapedrive was boring me to death. There was almost nothing but platformers available for the tape. I went to extreme lenghts to find myself somthing to do.

Last edited:
Here is an interesting though of the day

"While some people are bored and have too much time, some people just wish they had 1000 times as much time"

I think that is mainly depending on creativity people that are not creative don't know what to do with their extra time. While creative people always have 1000's of ideas what to do with it.

"While some people are bored and have too much time, some people just wish they had 1000 times as much time"

I think that is mainly depending on creativity people that are not creative don't know what to do with their extra time. While creative people always have 1000's of ideas what to do with it.

A bit simplistic :)

dear DArt....,

A post doesn't have to take up 2 pages and a lot of valuable time to be complicated and have a lot of insight.

Best Wishes,
GG

It's more that I don't feel like doing anything. I'm supposed to be reading two books and redoing everything I did in C in first year, but I don't feel like it. So I'm bored.

I guess that doesn't make a lot of sense; Having stuff to do, but still feel bored, that is.

I guess that doesn't make a lot of sense; Having stuff to do, but still feel bored, that is.

That makes perfect sense..... but according to my reasoning... if you were creative enough you'd find something fun to do as a break :) or find a way to make the thing you needed to do more fun. Like putting on great music each time you do the dishes......

3+ pages to qualify for the slightest insight!

We're not that bored.

But, seriously: Like Myrthos, I'm not (easily) bored. When I was a boy I could spend a whole afternoon being bored, but not anymore. Too much I want to do, and I've 2/3 of my life behind me (assuming normal life expectancy for a lvl 56 character).

I do get tired if things get monotonous (boring?) and often I loose concentration. But then I try to do something else for a while, exactly what is of less importance.

It's more that I don't feel like doing anything. I'm supposed to be reading two books and redoing everything I did in C in first year, but I don't feel like it. So I'm bored.

Take a walk, a bit of exercise and a sniff of fresh air, for half an hour, then start reading in book A for 1 hour, take a break with some music you like for half an hour, then do the C for 1 hour. You'll feel better afterwards, you may even feel like spending some extra time on your chores.
Do book B next day, according to same plan.

Back
Top Bottom