Do you like PVP?

Do you like PVP of MMORPG

• yes

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • no

Votes: 17 60.7%

• Total voters
I voted for no. The only MMORPG I play is World of Warcraft and Victory or Defeat there is not decided by Player-Skill but by Level and - even more so - Equiqment. If you don't like the PvP-Events like Battlegrounds or the Arena or if you are not Member in a Raid-Group you are basicly Canon-Fodder for everyone who's raiding or "honour-farming". If the Fights would be more decided by Player-Skill and not how much time you invest in the Game, then I would vote "yes" :)

I love it.

I am have yet to even do an instace in the outlands, and I will never raid. My brother in law and I have an arena team. We both have pretty much crap gear, and we just got our 2v2 rating (which was at 1100) to 1800 and change. We won 92% of our fights this week. We are now working together like a well oiled machine and there is no combo that gives us a hard time over and over.

I have no skill when it comes to twitch, I over compensate by by not being able to react fast and having poor gear by knowing (through study and a lot of practice) what every class and every 2v2 combo is capable of. We have to outsmart the other team and constantly change our tactics (unless the other team is just retarded and doesn't know how to adapt). We usually fight the same teams over and over in one night of the arena, so we have to constantly stay one step ahead of them by not letting them adapt to us, and us constantly adpapting to their strat.

People that raid all the time and have the best gear doesn't equal them being smart, it just equals them having way too much time on their hands.

But I agree, the BGs are a huge grind. But the arena is how pvp was ment to be (at least in the 2v2, I've never played 3v3 or 5v5).

Says the guy that doesn't raid...

Come on, you can't honestly say that raiding makes people smarter. A stupid person that raids is still a stupid person. He might be better geared, but a better geared retard is still a retard.

Come on, you can't honestly say that raiding makes people smarter. A stupid person that raids is still a stupid person. He might be better geared, but a better geared retard is still a retard.
Yup, I agree... but I also think that playing alot of pvp does not make you smarter. Overall I have trouble getting what "being smart" has to do with it. Isn't it more about what you enjoy? If you enjoy pvp - great! If you enjoy raiding - great as well!
Personally I prefer big raids over pvp (or better did - not playing atm). Don't think I had too much time on my hands just because I was raiding. I raided 2 times a week for like 4 or 5 hours in the evening. Believe me, there were people around that were spending way more time in bgs.

It's a matter of taste... I find this raider vs pvp thing a bit childish really.

I agree, its what you enjoy. I don't enjoy the battle grounds in wow, or really anything BUT the level grind. Why I like the level grind? WHo knows?

But, I also love the 2v2 arena. I'm not knocking raiders, as the BG are raids. I like leveling solo and the 2v2 arena. People like raids far more than anything else, thats why the people that stay around at lvl cap do and all the content is aimed at.

I like to make fun of the things I don't like, and contribute to bad tatse what comes down to preference. What I like is good, what I don't like is stupid. Why do I do it? Its fun and gets people going. You should try it. Let me have it. Let'er rip

I think it gets people going who are not really self-confident about what they enjoy. And I think it's mostly people lacking in self-confidence that like making fun of things they don't enjoy themselves.

You, sir, are a scholar and a poet. I think it's mostly people that hate themselves that deduct and comment on why people either get going when something they like is made fun of or make fun of things to begin with, and those people will one day commit suicide, much to the enjoyment of the family members left behind. Thats just what I think of course. And i also feel that anyone that disagrees with me does it because they hate themselves, and of course will one day commit suicide, much to the enjoyment of the family members left behind. What do you think?

I love PvP. Its dah best.

I voted yes, but really only if it's implemented well.

I like pvp because your opponents aren't some hopelessly stupid mob that goes for whoever did the most damage, and doesn't bring his teammates along who are just a few feet away.

If you enjoy smashing away on mobs all day, more power to ya, I can't stand it though, and pvp is a nice break.

I agree, it has been designed adequately in order to be any fun. Refer to Darkfall Online for an example of well-designed PvP.

Some of the most fun I had on Nwn was pvp. People can get a bit weird but we had arena battles and good vs. evil fights and it was fun, but it's like dessert, a steady diet of it can make you sick.

8:5 right now . seems most people like doing PVP .

acctually , i vote "no" . i just like chating . lol

I voted also "no", I am really bad at it and prefer doing things I do well, like PvE for example, lol

I only play pvp mmogs these days. WW2OL since 2001. Currently Im looking forward to age of conan. Its the first fantasy mmog to have decent twitch combat and shadowabane style city building & sieges. Plus plenty of more.

As a WoW-player fairly 'hardcore' if the term can be used I find PvP a relaxing change from raids, and even if so more arenas than regular battlegrounds. Had fairly decent ratings previous season, while this season we've just started so nothing special quite yet.

I do kinda like it, but very much prefer PvE raiding basicly due to the fact that it kinda takes more dedication and effort from larger groups to achieve progress while I feel no certain progress in PvP even if ratings go up a bit its not just quite the same as downing a new boss :)

Even tho I like an FPS deathmatch session now and then, I'll generally have to say no, for I like my enemies for the most part predictable and stupid. Although this certainly can apply to many humans, I like it to be guaranteed.

FPS is one thing, it takes no effort, and you just respawn. MMO there is too much time and grief invested. Plus, I'm just a nice guy, I tend to like helping people and stuff. That's just me.

I'll take PvE, tyvm.

well i voted for yes because it's nice to compete with the other people when you get bored in games that are not only pvp based

I hate PVP. I like co-operative gaming, IMO and I don't think there's enough emphasis on this feature nowadays. I like being able to play online (or LAN) and work together.

Back
Top Bottom