Eador-Genesis

Hastar

Unspeakable
Has anyone tried this game on GOG, Eador-Genesis ? I got it last week and have not stopped playing it. One heck of a strategy and RPG mix.

It is kinda like a mix of Heroes and Age of Wonders. But, if I would compare it to anything it would be a game that came out in the mid 90's called Birthright. Birthright had flaws but the general idea of the game was fantastic.

If you like strategy games and 4x games give it a shot. For me it is the surprise of the year. I have not had this much fun since Knights of the Chalice. Plus it was made by Russians and we all know how crazy hard they like to make their games :)

Do not apply if you are a graphics whore hehe. It grows on you the longer you play it.

I bought it on impulse - but couldn't get past the visuals and the extremely low resolution with no chance of aspect correction. It also had serious performance issues - probably due to some incompability with newer hardware.

It did look interesting, though - and maybe I'll get back to it someday.

I like the graphix and I'm interested in the game. Although, I haven't bought the it (yet).

I have a big backlog and I'm currently playing 3 MMOs (dabbling in SWTOR, GW2 and LoTRO). I also have a Kickstarter backed game release two weeks and haven't spend enough times on all the betas I have access too (which isn't a bad thing when you don't want to be spoiled).

In other word, I need to stop buying games. *cry*

I'm waiting for the new version, the old one doesn't look like it'll have a continuing storyline and seems a lot rougher than the new version that should come out soon.

I believe there was a patch to fix all the issues on GOG. Have not had any problems since the patch.

The new version does look nice and will give it a go also. I just play on random maps. I seem to like that the best and make the continuing storyline up in my mind :) Even with HoMM 3 I would mostly play random maps. I am a more of a sandbox gamer so that's why I tend to go random maps.

Thanks for the response and also thanks for the poster that gave me a heads up about this game. Now back to pretending I am a Viking :)

I bought it on impulse - but couldn't get past the visuals and the extremely low resolution with no chance of aspect correction. It also had serious performance issues - probably due to some incompability with newer hardware.

It did look interesting, though - and maybe I'll get back to it someday.

Give the patch a shot, I'm playing it on relatively new hardware: quad-core, Nvidia GeForce GTS 450, Vista64 and have no problems at all.

And like I posted back in What games are you playing now? still really enjoying it and finding it hard to put down.

I'm waiting for the new version, the old one doesn't look like it'll have a continuing storyline and seems a lot rougher than the new version that should come out soon.

Eador: Genesis does have a storyline if you play the Campaign.

And I like playing the Campaign because early on it restricts you in what you can build and then slowly adds more as you progress through the Campaign and conquer more Shards. So you have to come up with different ideas to win as you go along.

Eador: Genesis does have a storyline if you play the Campaign.

And I like playing the Campaign because early on it restricts you in what you can build and then slowly adds more as you progress through the Campaign and conquer more Shards. So you have to come up with different ideas to win as you go along.

Yes, I'm like you, I don't play sandbox games, to me there needs to be a progressive campaign, I never play stand-alone or random scenarios.
But I checked GoG and it's more expensive now (like $6 or so, big difference!) :)

Back
Top Bottom