Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Directors Cut Will be Released on 360, PS3, and PC

I am just 2 maps in or so and this convinced me to halt and wait.

cool news..

I'm kind of hoped this kind of rerelease. The missing link dlc should have been part of the main game… I can't wait to replay the entire game. I also welcome redesigned boss battles.

Plus I wouldn't mind better balance. Hacking path granted too much EXP compared to combat/stealth/social paths.

Playing full stealth was not fun to me at all. I am playing it as a stealthy gun slinger who will sneak by when I can but does not hesitate to shoot my way clear. I have zero stealth augs and went for the hacking and in-your-face augs. The first mission is kinda meh, it does get better. I still haven't finished the game as I'm a pretty casual gamer at this point.

Havent played this yet even if I have bought 3 copies of it. Hope this will be available as DLC for existing owners, as I don't want to buy a 4th copy :p

Wow! I only have two copies myself, and yet to play it either. ;)

They've integrated the DLC into the main game - instead of having it separate and without continuity for character development.

Where does it state that?

I think part of it is that there's virtually zero character development, as I'm supposed to know/care who this guy is from the original I played like 10 years ago.

You're aware this is a prequel, right? No knowledge of the other DX games or their characters is needed.

Does it get better after the first mission (hostage rescue)?

I'd say it gets much better.

You're aware this is a prequel, right? No knowledge of the other DX games or their characters is needed.

I'd say it gets much better.

I actually didn't know it was a prequel. I guess all the more reason to set up "the world" with a little better intro video than newspaper clips. Still, I remember very little about the original game other than it's sort of a Shadow Run setting.

I'll give it a 2nd shot, and just blow shit up instead of trying to be stealthy. Maybe it will click better.

It's the way it works for the DC Wii version - so I assume it's going to be the same for the PC version, as it's one of the highlights. If not, I won't be getting it.

It's the way it works for the DC Wii version - so I assume it's going to be the same for the PC version, as it's one of the highlights. If not, I won't be getting it.

That makes sense. Indeed it will be nice to have those integrated into the game.

Even if they aren't though, I'll still be getting this assuming it's offered at a reasonable price. I'm curious about the "redefined game balance" and improved AI.

I just hope they don't have the balls to try to sell this to PC owners as a separate full-priced game.

Well they probably will sell it as a full game. I hope they also sell it at a lower price (or daresay FREE) as an addon/DLC for those who already own the base game.

That makes sense. Indeed it will be nice to have those integrated into the game.

Even if they aren't though, I'll still be getting this assuming it's offered at a reasonable price. I'm curious about the "redefined game balance" and improved AI.

I just hope they don't have the balls to try to sell this to PC owners as a separate full-priced game.

Hehe, well, if they're going full price - I'll just pirate it to spite them ;)

I've yet to play the DLC (even though I got it) - and the primary reason is that I hate to play that kind of thing separately from the main game.

I've been looking for an excuse to replay it - so this might be the perfect opportunity.

But I'm not really all that excited about balance and AI stuff - as I thought that was fine in the release version.

I don't remember the full game being all that expensive at release. Wasn't it like $39 bucks? Not really a lot of money for a very fun game.

I'm also hoping the people who already have the game and missing link will at least have the option to get it as dlc. Otherwise Squeenix not only hurts the (already shaky after all the confusion with Thief and Deus Ex: The Fall) goodwill, that people have towards them, but also makes it harder for themselves to support all the different versions of the game in the future.

Back
Top Bottom