Massive Chalice - Gamespot Review

aries100

SasqWatch
Gamespot has reviewed this game with a score of 6/10. I'll quote from the conclusion:

The game's lifeless artwork did little to alleviate this problem. Although watching the members of your Vanguards or Regencies age and wither away until death was fascinating, the look of the heroes was devoid of detail, and left me with an endless trail of blonde/brunette/ginger men and women with caberjack/crossbow/alchemist claws. That's ultimately Massive Chalice's most unfortunate shortcoming. It's a game with enough ambition and execution to spark the imagination, and enough organic entropy to let you suspend your disbelief about the families you help sire. But Massive Chalice extends you the invitation and then offers you a half-empty world in return.
More information.

There is hardly anything in this review I can agree with.

And checking their review on transistor makes it even more absurd:
And Transistor's artful presentation has some magic of its own.
Transistor is always a good-looking game, but in these instances, it demonstrates a rare knack for combining its visuals and music to powerfully convey both narrative information and tone, driving the story forward with Red's own unwavering resolve.

Back
Top Bottom