Underworld Ascendant - Steam Greenlight

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Underworld Ascendant is now on Steam Greenlight, and needs your vote.

In 1992, Ultima Underworld changed the rules of what a fantasy RPG could be. It introduced the concept of 3D immersion, a player-authored experience, and a richly dynamic world to explore. Its influence led to a whole generation of games such as Thief, Deus Ex, BioShock, Skyrim, and Dragon Age.

Underworld has been hidden away in the deepest vaults of its publisher for two decades. Only now have the original creators unchained the franchise, freeing it to innovate yet again.
So nothing new here just a shout out about the game on Steam.

More information.

Actually this is great news. They currently have about 3/4 of their funding, half way through their campaign. If their Kickstarter fails, perhaps the Steam Greenlight will be enough to keep them going.

BTW, I got the last $20.00 backer level. Kinda weird seeing 1 of 5000 left.

They aren't going to fail...there was just an announcement of cross promotion on SoTA so I bet they get a bunch of new funding.

Between getting the ok from Steam and the huge amount of support they are getting from the Garriott team, they really should have no issue making their goal. The last week could simply be huge for them.

I'm hopeful they will reach at least the 750K stretch goal, 900K and 1050K are also nice but will be a challenge. 1.2 million is less interesting, adding co-op will take a lot of time that IMO would be better spent developing a stronger solo game.

Daniel.

Back
Top Bottom