Original Sin - Update #10, Kickstarter Funded

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
The Kickstarter for Divinity: Original Sin has been funded. In honor of that here is a big thank you from Larian Studios.

And from that video it looks like we are going to have weresheep in it.
Also Bellegar (from Divinity 2) might make a reappearance in Original Sin. For every 1000 likes on their Facebook page one encounter with him will be added in the game.
There’s been a lot of demand and a lot of rhyming to summon Bellegar and he let us know that he’s not insensitive to your prayers. But this is Bellegar, right, so nothing comes easy.
He sent us this message:
Divinity fans, rise and cheer For Bellegar shall soon appear!
Yet, my friends, when push comes to shove First I'll want a little love!
So 'Like' me on my facebook page
And everybody's favourite mage
Will soon arrive on the glorious stage!
For each and every thousand likes,
I'll cheer and clap and yell out 'Yikes!',
And to your great, your utter delight
Brighten the day by stepping in sight,
For no greater joys or pleasures there are
Than meeting the mighty Bellegar!
Yes, Bellegar now works (interim he assures us) at a social media marketing firm and yes, he's indeed shamelessly looking for more likes on his Facebook page. So his deal is that for every 1000 Facebook likes, we can add an extra encounter with the might Bellegar to the game! What are you waiting for? Share, like, invite, you know the drill.
Also Paypal is available now, it will come to Mac and Linux and there are some new rewards and add-ons.
More information.

Congrats to Larian, and I hope it gains some more speed. They have some nice substntial stretch goals I'd like to se them achieve.

And it is a nice-looking editor. I might even apply my clumsy hands to it.

WERESHEEEEEEEEEEP!

Mary had a little lamb,
It was cute and dear,
Then one night the moon came out,
and Mary disappeared...

:p

This is great news. Still dissapointed though that's its not doing better. I can't see them reaching the 1 million mark but I hope I'm wrong.

This is great news. Still dissapointed though that's its not doing better. I can't see them reaching the 1 million mark but I hope I'm wrong.

Hmm, yeah, 1M will be difficult. The 500k and 650k should be no problem, and 800k is also possible. But for 1M there needs to be bit of a landslide. We'll see what the additional coverage coming out now will do.

There's no PayPal option for the boxed copy… I'm not in. :(
They had some problems with some of the pledge amounts and Paypal. I'm guessing those will be re-enabled soon.

Hi guys

Earlier, in connection with Original Sin, I red about people preferring KS to IndieGoGo. Would anyone with the same opinion care to share why? Thank you.

IndieGoGo allows to have flexible funding. So even if they do not reach their goal they still get the money. For me this is one of the main reasons in preferring Kickstarter.
Many of the campaigns on IndieGoGo use this flexible funding scheme, although there are some like Ghost of a Tale that use fixed funding, similar to how it is done on Kickstarter.
For indie developers that are not located in the USA or UK it is not possible to get on Kickstarter, so their only option is IndieGoGo.

Beside flexible funding,I dislike entire site design of Indiegogo,I think KS is has better lot better design both esthetically and functionality.

Hmm, yeah, 1M will be difficult. The 500k and 650k should be no problem, and 800k is also possible. But for 1M there needs to be bit of a landslide. We'll see what the additional coverage coming out now will do.

At the current trend, they are going for ~900k (projection doesn't include last day boost).

From the kickstarter comments:
Larian Studios LLC said:
On boxes: if we get European shipping figured out, we will add boxes to Paypal.

First of all, gongrats Larian! You guys really deserve this. Now lets get those stretch goals funded as well. :)

Hi guys

Earlier, in connection with Original Sin, I red about people preferring KS to IndieGoGo. Would anyone with the same opinion care to share why? Thank you.

I personally don't like flexible funding model in indiegogo.

For indie developers that are not located in the USA or UK it is not possible to get on Kickstarter, so their only option is IndieGoGo.

Wasn't there some talk about them opening it up to projects from the Austra-Canadian empire at some point too?

Wasn't there some talk about them opening it up to projects from the Austra-Canadian empire at some point too?

Canadian based companies can do Kickstarter projects already. I've backed one project from a company in Montréal (Castle Story).

Back
Top Bottom