Crytek: Crysis 2 Will Have Best Game AI Ever

MasterKromm

Sentinel
In a recent interview, Crytek boss Cervat Yerli promised that AI in the upcoming game Crysis 2 will be the best, most sophisticated seen in video game history. Although we've heard this plenty of times before from developers in the past, Yerli said that players will have "thinking," fair" foes. We'll believe it when we see it.

"We have the most advanced AI system in a game," Yerli said. "We think that Crysis 2 has the most advanced AI for both humans and aliens you've ever seen. They will be showing tactical co-ordination, they will be more challenging but not unfair—they will be truly intelligent, thinking, fair enemies."

He also indicated that gamers will enter a new realm of gameplay thanks to the almost-Skynet-like artificial decision making.

"I think from that perspective our gameplay experience will be very unique because on one hand you have a world that allows freedom, on the second hand a hero that allows freedom—but also an enemy that adapts to freedom and provides you constant challenge no matter what you do," he said.

Crysis 2 certainly "wowed" us back at E3 2010. Sounds like the game will truly blow our socks off when it hits stores this holiday season.

[SOURCE]

Doubt anyone really cares, but I'll be waiting to see how their enemy AI turns out.

Last edited:
What do they mean by best?

I had some experience working with different AI's on NWN and you can make AI creatures do just about anything. Often simpler is better - you don't necessarily want a creature stacking you halfway across the planet - and that may be an example of too simple.

I don't think the AI will be better than the best chess computers out there........

I'll wait until I can see it before I'll believe it.

I trust Crytek to be able to make this.

Another thing would be if the players will really like it, or whether it might become too hard for most of them.

Crytek is known for technical innovations and to be able to create things that have a very high standard.

The only problem they had so far was that not everyone was able to run games according to their standards.

Maybe they are developing on higher-than-high-end machines, which most gamers out there don't have.

And perhaps they don't even bother to, because they might be exclusively developing for high-end gamers.

Back
Top Bottom