Dimensity - Info & Screens @ Worthplaying

magerette

Hedgewitch
Just saw this announcement of some new screens over at Worthplaying for a hack n slash/strategy hybrid from Bulgarian developers Dagger Games called Dimensity. It's got a slightly different approach than many of the rts/rpg games, with three play styles: traditional strategy single player campaign mode, a straight combat and loot challenge mode, and a multiplayer persistant character/rpg mode. Strategy Informer also has some media. The screens are really sparkly and caught my eye.
Give us your feedback on this one, and if you're interested, we'll follow it. Here's the bullet list of features:
Features:

* two extensive single player campaigns on a variety of unique maps, with hundreds of quests, objectives and side missions.
* Play as either a mage or a fighter, with a great variety of combo attacks and magical spells. Command up to 16 NPC units to fight at your side and level with you.
* choose to either adventure through world of Dimensity, or decide to wage war and conquer enemies with the aid of NPC units
* challenging multiplayer mode with four playable races battling in PVP or coop mode
* gain experience and levels in both single and multiplayer mode
* all items, gold and experience earned in both gameplay modes will be carried by the player as long as he keeps winning
* various unlockable extra maps for a special challenge mode, featuring extremely difficult but highly rewarding missions
* NPC units feature a wide range of troop types, from ordinary swordsmen to flying transport ships
* Dimensity uses only one resource – gold - which must be looted from dungeons complexes beneath the battlefield
More information.

First time I heard of them, and I'm a Bulgarian!

On a first glance the game seems ... uninspiring. I don't know. It sounds like taking bits and pieces of a couple of games, like Spellforce, Dragonshard to name a few. I'll keep an eye though.

I know, Arma--really hard to tell with this one. Could end up just being a mish mash of ideas from other games. But some of it sounds like it could also be fun--a lot depends on how well the devs can make all this stuff happen. Here's their site link--I think there's some stuff in Bulagarian there. ;)

Back
Top Bottom