IM PLAYIN - 5 RPGs To Look Out For In 2015

Hyper Light Drifter is actually one of the biggest kickstarter success stories there is.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1661802484/hyper-light-drifter

Not my cup of tea, but it looks to be exactly what it claims to be. The backers should be happy.
Yes it was one of the successfully funded kickstarter games from 2013. The developer calls it an Action-RPG, and I used to cover this game every month last year.

Link - http://www.rpgwatch.com/games/hyper-light-drifter-616/news.html

I gave up trying to convince certain members the game is good.

Last edited:
I gave up trying to convince certain members the game is good.
It's not about convincing, all of us already have overgrown backlog and some have enough games they haven't even start to keep them occupied for next 5 years or so.
To squeeze a new game in all those backlogs, it needs to be special. Unique. A musthave or musttry. Even a wasted potential counts because of the potential factor.

Sorry but Hyper Light Drifter doesn't look like instabuy/instariskit material. Not sure why this IM PAYIN site is hyped about that game, I'm not. And honestly, I have some other titles on my personal top 5 eager to play games, for example Meriweather.

Will I buy HLD in the end, depends on impressions people on this site who grab it.

4lsp5GT.jpg

It's not about convincing, all of us already have overgrown backlog and some have enough games they haven't even start to keep them occupied for next 5 years or so.
To squeeze a new game in all those backlogs, it needs to be special. Unique. A musthave or musttry. Even a wasted potential counts because of the potential factor.

Sorry but Hyper Light Drifter doesn't look like instabuy/instariskit material. Not sure why this IM PAYIN site is hyped about that game, I'm not. And honestly, I have some other titles on my personal top 5 eager to play games, for example Meriweather.

Will I buy HLD in the end, depends on impressions people on this site who grab it.

The reason Mr IM PLAYIN likes it is because it's a hack and slash kind of game with pretty graphics.

It's not really an RPG as in the kind of games we get hyped for. We can play these, but usually the games we want the most are more cerebral.

Back
Top Bottom