Witcher How to deal with enhanced edition patch

The Witcher

hishadow

Level N+1
How to deal with Enhanced Edition Director's Cut patch

(for those who encounter installation problems, via the now defunct Witcher FAQ)

1. Install game from DVD

2. Download patches:
3. Download and install Universal Extractor
4. Run Universal Extractor and select the downloaded file for "The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut". Use default options when running Universal Extractor. Also, if it looks like the program fails, just wait.

5. Move the other downloaded files into the newly created directory "\TWEE_Upgrade\Disk1".
- The Witcher: Enhanced Edition English language pack
- TWEE adventure The Price of Neutrality
- TWEE adventure Side Effects

6. Run Setup.exe and install the patch
- Disable Antivirus if you encounter any problems.

7. Download and install the 1.5 patch

Pretty messy, but it works.

Last edited:
Nice. You may want to make it clear as to what it is supposed to accomplish.

IE call it: How to Upgrade From Original Witcher to Witcher Enhanced Director's Cut.

There's different instructions if you already have the Witcher Enhanced version without the Director's :with boobies: Cut...

There's different instructions if you already have the Witcher Enhanced version without the Director's :with boobies: Cut…

aa9a7eebe5191760

Mmmmm boobies…..

I had retarded issues with the EE patch. It's been a while, so my terminology might be a bit off but essentially I couldnt connect to the servers for verification without my firewall being switched ON, and I couldnt run the actual installation process without switching OFF the bloody firewall. And it all had to be done in one sitting. After a few hours of frustration I came to the conclusion that the only way to install the patch was to use a registration crack on the game:(

Hehe, I read something about firewalls on the forums when I was looking for a solution to my problems. The latest patch 1.5 says it removes the DRM part from the game.

Last edited:
Would you happen to know about installing the director's cut patch? I have the US version and I ran the patch but I still have no boobies. I checked the cs_sex_adda1.bik movie that shows her clothed in the US version but bare breasted in the international/director's cut version.

I downloaded the directorscutpatch.exe and ran it from the game folder. It did it's thing and seemed to finish successfully. But I checked the adda movie again but her sex card still shows her breasts covered.

Would you happen to know what I can do about that?

Many thanks.

Last edited:
Ooc, does this remove the need to register your game to patch to 1.4 or do I just have an old version of the EE patch?

I've never registered any of my games to be Forced to do something, even avoided Bioware's forums for this reason. I've even read they've removed the Copy Protection, but I just tried to patch to 1.4 and it's still trying to force me to register.

Thanks.

I reinstalled the original game just a few weeks ago and had to register it, then grab the 1.4 patch then grab the EE patch in that order.

Thanks Cm. :)

How pathetic to have to register your game, to be able to patch it.

Yea, when I get the chance I want to try to download a save of the patch files, install the game on my other pc and see if I can just patch without the registration part. I will post the results when I get to it. I hate being dependent on the game registration and the patch files still being available in a few years to replay the game if I want to one day.

We were caught out by this when installing the Witcher to a new build computer again. The way around it for me was to install the retail DVD version of the game (V1.0) so that all the registry entries are correct, then literally copy over the game install folder from a patched EE edition install (that we had on backup) into the new computer's Witcher folder, replacing all files. I didn't see any problems on start up and the game seemed to think it was now a patched EE.

It seems the registration server is down. Installing a vanilla version and patching it up to TWEE 1.5 is impossible.

Update:

I tried it on an ancient German retail version on Win 7.

1. DVD install
2. patch 1.4, language pack and the 2 bonus adventures into the same directory
3. install
4. DL patch 1.5
5. install

It worked. The updater didn't even try to connect to the server.

Manual registration still doesn't work. The server closes the connection after step 2.

Strange.

Another update:

The interweb speculates CD Projekt uploaded a new patch 1.4 without authentication and successfully kept it a secret.

This explains why it worked for me.

Back
Top Bottom