Baldur's Gate 2: EE - Patch 1.3 Released

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Beamdog has released a new patch for Baldur's Gate 2: EE.

After many months of development, we are proud to bring you the 1.3 release for Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition. This update brings official support for Mac and Linux, as well as more than five-hundred bug fixes and dozens of gameplay enhancements. You can read our full 37-page release notes document on the official website, or download it directly here: Download Now!
More information.

Finally, I'm so relieved. I started the game months ago, but stopped when I learned that they were working on a patch that was supposed to be a major game-changer.
Best decision ever, I would have been so angry, if I would have finished this game without this patch.

They also announced that they are working on a new game/expansion with setting in the Baldur's Gate world.

Glad that the patch made it out as well as them indeed being able to swing an Expansion of sorts at the very least---Beamdog's fortunes seem to be growing more favorable for sure building off the momentum of IWD EE's smooth launch unto this now.

You can watch Beamdog broadcast from last night here: http://www.twitch.tv/beamdog/b/599941921

At 2:59:30 he is announcing project in bg universe. That was big announcement for the evening.
He said: "extension of the bg1 and bg2 stories"

Ah, thanks for the info. Extension of the BG1 and BG2 stories, you say... Not sure how I feel about that. I hope that means a different protagonist, at least.

The patch notes seem to be a little hard to find. I checked the forum, but it had a non-functional link.

I'm very impressed about the patch! Great job and this kind of support from devs is exemplary!

Finally, I'm so relieved. I started the game months ago, but stopped when I learned that they were working on a patch that was supposed to be a major game-changer.
Best decision ever, I would have been so angry, if I would have finished this game without this patch.

I wasn't angry, because now I can replay bg saga once again with new char-name :)
There is always a reason to replay baldur's gate as they say!

Last edited:
First time I see patch release notes published as a pdf.

Wow, that's a long list of fixes. The weird thing is, I've hardly encountered any of that. I think. I might have bumped into them 10+ years ago and then adopted my playing style to avoid the bugs. For example, I know that's the case with the "efreet goes hostile" bug that they've fixed - the efreet always went hostile, so I simply avoided the spell completely.

Just started playing Baldur's Gate 2: EE after holding off for so long waiting for this patch, and wow it was definitely worth the wait if just for the path-finding update alone, something I thought would never be improved in this game.

Back
Top Bottom