Fallout 4 - Can be Downloaded Before Release

Thanks for the replies, I pre-ordered via GMG. Since I actually took time off to play Fallout-4 on release, I kinda want to have the game the second it releases :)

Thanks for the replies, I pre-ordered via GMG. Since I actually took time off to play Fallout-4 on release, I kinda want to have the game the second it releases :)

Steam does not do refunds for games bought from other sellers. Just saying... :D

Shouldn't you have preordered directly from Steam then? Afaik GMG doesn't guarantee sending keys punctually at release.

I preordered from GMG as well but I don't mind playing one or two days late.

BTW, if companies think that forcing a download is preventing piracy, they should look at what's available to pirates on the day of release. Yes, a fully functional game.

The real reason is to reduce costs, I think.

So perhaps in the future when a company requires a download, and won't provide anything physical, we should all just download from one's favorite pirate. That may give corporate stooges some motivation to stop screwing the customer.

BTW, if companies think that forcing a download is preventing piracy, they should look at what's available to pirates on the day of release. Yes, a fully functional game.

The real reason is to reduce costs, I think.
I think it's for the pragmatic reason that they can include last minute changes in the release build.

GMG might offer it at 22% off, but you know that Bethesda has a Season Pass... on top of customes and other DLCs which might not even be featured in the season pass.

I'm not buying that one because you know Bethesda is going to nickel and dime people more than ever. I refuse to be played for a fool, and pay $80 Canadian dollars for 50% of the content of the game I would've gotten 15 years ago.

The only way to make this trend stop is to say screw you.

Back
Top Bottom