SW:TOR - Story

I just watched the documentary and was pretty much bored beyond belief. It's the usual mmo rhetoric. I really cannot stand to listen to that crap anymore. Why these pr robots from Bioware and Lucasarts need over 5 minutes to tell us that SW:TOR will be WoW with lightsabres is beyond me...

I watched it too ( http://www.swtor.com/news/article/20081212_001 ) and I agree, though not completely because one must realise that the game is still in the early phase of development so there's probably not much to talk about or perhaps they didn't want to wipe out all the dust at the same time because it was the opening and first released "videodocumentary" and others can be expected. :).

I think, that if anyone or anything, can dethrone WoW, it is Bioware and EA and StarWars franchise.. they have necessary funds and skill to do that (finally).

The SWG community asked for it.
I find this rather sad. I would have loved to see a KOTOR3 without having to deal with mmorpg crap.

Say no more.

I can already imagine how its going to be. Dozens of Obi w4n k3nob1s, half dozen of Darklord98s, couple of EmPeRor pAPaltines and a lonely han solo.

I actually doubt that - kids today hardly pay a lot of attention to Star Wars. They might just have seen episode 2 and 3, but no more than that. Can't say I'm sure what kids watch these days, but I don't think it's sci-fi created decades before they were born. Maybe folks in their late teens dig up the old movies based on "everyone has seem them", but probably not younger than that. Example: A friend of mine has a 12 year old son, and neither the son nor any of his friends know anything at all about Star Wars. They've seen SW:Ep3, and thought that was "ok", but that's about it.

The average gamer, and certainly the average Star Wars fan, is in his 20s and beyond. I just don't picture a lot of 29 year olds running around with characters called Darklord79s.

I don't think it should be a problem for anyone playing SW:Tor to find people in whatever age group they're in, with similar interests (at least not if they actually bother looking for them).

Maylander, I can see you haven't played SWG for some time.

Back
Top Bottom