What is your favorite tv show(s)?

Just started watching Jekyll, I ignored it when it first came on because I can't stand James Nesbitt but bought the dvd on sale for only a couple of quid, and I'm thoroughly impressed so far.

He may be a smug cunt but my god he can act when he puts his mind to it, without any (noticeable) make up or costume changes at all he completely carries off looking lke an entirely different person. All very unnerving so far as well.

We just finished watching the first season of the new ABC Family show 'Make it or Break it'. It took me a while to get into it, but my wife was hooked in from the start. Not great, but entertaining enough.

My favourite show os the German "Anstalt", which is political "Kabarett".

Kabarett is more or less like simple - sometimes quite sophisticated - satire.

I don't know whether a thing like German Kabarett exists in other countries.

Anyone knows Spitting Image ? That was kind of cynical Kabarett at its best, imho !

The interesting thing is that the German political "Kabaterr" has nothing to do with the English "Cabaret" at all ! Or at least that's my impression.

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kabarett

So it is not surprising at all to me that the German form of political Kabarett isn't listed in the English-language "Cabaret" article at all. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cabaret The English "Cabaret" seems top be nothing but a musical show, whereas the political Kabarett of Germany is a show of Satire, sometimes with musical elements with it, but often without.

Of course there exists the Kabarett which is un-political, too. But the German term "Kabarett" usually describes only the "political satire" form.

I don't watch often..
but i really like watching romantic comedy type of tv shows and movies..
i also like x file.. some kinda suspense thriller..
lol even horror i really love watching it..

The Wire and Firefly (boo hiss, Fox!) are two of my favorite canceled shows. I still imagine from time to time what could have happened if Firefly had gotten a few seasons more instead of just one. The usual conclusion is that it would have been great, I tell you, GREAT!

Among shows that are still running I enjoy House and Dexter the most, and Chuck is pretty good too.

Yup, it's nice to burn through episode after episode when you're in the mood for it. Half-way into season 2 now, I like it a lot.

Just finished season 4 of Supernatural and Season 3 of Heroes. Love those shows. Plus some friends of mine told me about Psych and Castle. I have no idea what Castle is about but they seemed to like it and Psych sounds like a fun show.

Also rented a few espisodes of Weeds and Dexter. Brilliant shows. I was a little leary about Dexter at first, but it grows on you. I can't believe they made a seriel killer the hero or is he the anti-hero. Still not sure what he is, yet.

Almost forgot my friends also told me about a series that I'm very interested in, but haven't found anywhere. Has anyone saw The Legend of the Seeker? If so, is it any good?

I read the wiki for it and it doesn't sound so bad. Sam Raimi is one of the producers. If Sam is behind it then maybe it has a fighting chance. He is a cinematic god as far as I'm concerned and hopefully anything he touches will have that 'Raimi' magic to it. Although, since it's also done by Disney I shouldn't expect as mature a setting as The Sword of Truth novels. Probably more unicorns and talking deer than actual depth.

Last edited:
Has anyone saw The Legend of the Seeker? If so, is it any good?
Yes, very enjoyable. It's based on the Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind. Looks and sounds a lot like Hercules/Xena — lush landscapes, beautiful music and eye candy. Hybrid episodic format that almost seamlessly blends into a whole storyline. Less comedy compared to Hercules/Xena but equally relaxing to watch on a slow Sunday afternoon.

There's a long trailer here: actually it's the first 8 minutes of the pilot.

Ah, as for the maturity therein, it wasn't too bad. Some things were changed from the books, obviously, but the core is still there.

Now that's what I like to hear. Thank you very much, Arhu. I've gone to their homepage before and could never see the videos there. I always get "The requested videos cannot be displayed in your region." I really hate that. I always forget that youtube will probably have what I'm looking for.

I just saw the video and one word "Awesome". The production values are a lot better than I imagined and the acting wasn't half bad as well. Although, it's really hard picturing Richard as that young kid. Although the actress that plays Kahlan is very good.

I see they changed a lot but I was expecting that. Goodkind said that the television series was not like the books. One thing I wasn't expecting was how you pronounce Kahlan. I always thought the 'ah' was a short o sound, not long a. Makes more sense, I guess. Ko-lon doesn't sound as good as kaylan.

Anyways, thanks again Arhu. I now know what I'm asking for when Christmas rolls around. :)

EDIT: BTW, I meant "Has anyone seen" I must slow down my typing when I edit:blush:

BSG was filmed in Canada with a mostly Canadian cast.

What would the problem be if it was "American" anyways? Your comment comes off as being racist and ignorant.

RACIST ?!?!?! LOL

Those people (in BSG) had an attitude very far from the average European , like the "madam president" , the theological side , the hesitation to kill the enemy because of some semantics, the strong family spirit ..those are "too American" for my tastes and definitely not the way i would act in a similar situation .
I can say that the difference in perception is so big that many of the people and their deeds (in the series) looked stupid to me and i LOLed hard .

Canada was in the Americas last time i checked

Back
Top Bottom