RPGWatch - Everstar Interview

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Couchpotato has an informative conversation about Everstar with the friendly people at Psycho Sorted. Here is a sample to get you all started. So read on.

Couchpotato: Thanks for agreeing to the interview! So to start off, can you tell us a little bit of information about yourself, and about your game studio Psycho Sorted?

Jeremy Townsend: I'm Jeremy Townsend, Director of Psycho Sorted. I've been working on AAA games since I graduated from college as a producer/designer/tech designer. I started at EA Games and EA Sports, worked at Zenimax for a while, and most recently was the MP & balance designer for Command & Conquer. Our team is composed of wonderful and talented people I've worked with over the years, really great, passionate folks who love games and wanted to try something that a larger corporate studio would never go for.
More information.

Looks like an interesting party RPG - we need more party RPGs that are not rogue-likes. Thank you for the interview and Good Luck with the -> Kickstarter!

I'm glad you did this one, Couch...I definitely think it needs more publicity - it shows such promise. :)

Thanks for the interview Couch.

Unfortunately, I am not so interested in this game.
I came here to say just this. :)

Good interview. The game does in fact looks interesting. But it seems that they will not make it on KS. They asking for to much money.
They can try another KS campaign next year. There are few games that made it for the second run.

The game mechanics can be compared to Dragon Age 1.
And yes - nowadays you need for more than $125,000 on Kickstarter a prominent famous developer/studio that supports the project.

The game mechanics can be compared to Dragon Age 1. And yes - nowadays you need for more than $125,000 on Kickstarter a prominent famous developer/studio that supports the project.
Yes and it's a damn shame as some good games fail because of this. Still I like that the developer has a plan just in-case the games does fail to get funded.

The plus side of kickstarter is publishers will also show interest in your game. Members and backers may not like it, but some projects have found a publisher after failing.

Psycho Sorted's latest update for Everstar has information the kickstarter is canceled. The developer said they will look for a publisher as stated in the interview.

It's a shame none of the larger news sites even bothered covering the game.

Back
Top Bottom