Kingdom Come - Interview @ Digital Digging

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Warhorse Studio’s Head of Communications Jiří Rýdl was interviewed on Digital Digging to talk about the development of Kingdom Come: Deliverance.

DD – The Kickstarter goal to introduce the miller’s daughter as a playable character has been successful – will she have her own time-line, and if so will it precede that of Henry, or run alongside?

JR – Well, I don’t want to spoil the game too much :-] You will be able to play a few quest as a millers daughter, and if you do it well, you will help Henry in a major way!

DD – Will we be experiencing seasons in Kingdom Come: Deliverance? Will there, for instance, be rainy seasons (similar to a British summer), and Autumn gales? And if so, would they be synced to the player’s location?

JR – The story is not long enough to see snow or falling the leafs from the trees, but the weather changes will be included.
Also the new Alpha update has been delayed according to a new twitter post.

More information.

This game could benefit a lot from a supernatural threat, like TREMORS, giant, shark-toothed monster earthworms eating up people and behaving a lot like in the movie Tremors.

Demons coming out of the depths are so niche nowadays.

Otherwise the game will be too plain, too ordinary, not much exciting happening. Fishing, riding, watching village people do their ordinary day could lead to deadly boredom = abandonment of game play.

Otherwise the game will be too plain, too ordinary, not much exciting happening. Fishing, riding, watching village people do their ordinary day could lead to deadly boredom = abandonment of game play.
You really think there can't be some interesting action without supernatural stuff? You might get surprised. ;)

You really think there can't be some interesting action without supernatural stuff? You might get surprised. ;)

I agree. There's plenty of other games out there that have that. If that's what you're looking for, maybe this one is not for you.
I for one am looking forward to playing an RPG in a proper historical setting, without all the traditional fantasy fare. It'll be a breath of fresh air. :)

Conniving lords, dueling knights, rebellious bandits... what's there not to love?

Now as for this miller's daughter, that's the first I hear of that? You can play through the game as her? Because he makes it sound as if it is just a few "missions" you do as her.
I guess this is just to satiate those clamoring for a female character? :rolleyes:

M&B did pretty well without a supernatural threat. I hope having a female character fits well into the gameworld. I occasionally play female characters but not when they don't fit the gameworld. If they go medieval-type world where women only swing blades at food ingredients and then have you play a woman who goes around taking people's heads then don't react to it, it's too immersion breaking for me. Same reason why I didn't really play mage in Dragon Age. They're supposed to not take mages well and there I am, a walking light show in the middle of the streets, and they don't bat an eyelid.

Back
Top Bottom