The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

I actually lost my man-card momentarily after posting this once on Facebook, but I got it back by following it up with a Metallica - Creeping Death video

I love me some Carole King. What a great songwriter.

James Taylor & Carole King - I'ts Too Late

I actually lost my man-card momentarily after posting this once on Facebook, but I got it back by following it up with a Metallica - Creeping Death video

I love me some Carole King. What a great songwriter.

James Taylor & Carole King - I'ts Too Late

Ugh ... 'man card' - don't even get me STARTED on that total bullshit. Somehow Metallica is more 'manly' than the higher level of talent, songwriting and artistry of James Taylor and Carole King? Um, no. Sure they are good, but seriously ... being a neanderthal headbanger as a requirement of 'manliness' is the stuff of posers.

Ugh … 'man card' - don't even get me STARTED on that total bullshit. Somehow Metallica is more 'manly' than the higher level of talent, songwriting and artistry of James Taylor and Carole King? Um, no. Sure they are good, but seriously … being a neanderthal headbanger as a requirement of 'manliness' is the stuff of posers.

Easy Tiger, it was a joke :jester:

It wasnt so much that Metallica is more manly, but that James Taylor is more feminine. That you have to admit :)

Listening to now: Jethro Tull - Too Old to Rock'n'Roll: Too Young To Die (1976) Full Album

Really, do I? Based on what?

Are you seriously that upset over a joke about how manly James Taylor is? Lmfao….and yes most of my friends are way more Sex Pistols than Michael Buble so I did indeed take a good ribbing when I posted that video on Facebook. I was ok with it though. I have a thick skin :D

Feminine vs masculine music is never a distinction I've ever heard anyone make, something someone insecure might care about though. I think nukester was being sarcastic not serious. Right?

Last edited:
I agree. In fact, I'd say that's about as ignorant as thinking that Heavy Metal in general requires less talent and artistry than other types of music. ;)

Totally agree - I am a massive fan of many guitarists and drummers (and a few bassists) in the genre, and many groups across 'traditional', speedmetal, and of course my 'guilty pleasure' brutal death metal.

Music is awesome. That is all.

Someone finally put up one of my favorite toons evah. Just let it roll over you.
"No Answer" by The Curtain Society

And just for shits and giggles, I threw this in the search and what do you know. Not only is the entire album up, but apparently the band recently reformed. And there was much rejoicing! Please forward to the last track at the 40:21 mark for another of my all-time top 3:
"Forever" by blueScreen

2 kinds of musicians have been popping up - after a long, long, long time of being so silent :

Enya - 20 this month
The Corrs - 27th this month

I still love the humorous undertone of this video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaXoLVSNV5I

I bought the Korey Dane album on bandcamp. Highly recommended if you like the idea of the following audio melange:

- Alternative Folk vocal with a good portion of country guitar twang
- Bob Dylan
- Beatles
- George Harrison
- Pink Floyd
- Lots of acoustic and slide guitars

Last edited:
Another blast from the past

Full Union compliment with 2 guitarists, two drummers, two keyboardists. Sometimes it works beautifully.

Check out And You And I at 54:08

Have you read Bill Bruford's autobiography? The technical issues they dealt with on that tour were awful apparently ...

I haven't. Would you recommend it?

Tough call - it really depends on how interested you are in the minutia of his life and drumming and the synth drums and so on. For me, I was a fan of his 70s stuff with Yes & King Crimson, a HUGE fan of his late-70s fusion work and with the Discipline era King Crimson, and also his later jazzy Earthworks stuff, so I dug into it pretty well. It is better than many autobiographies I have read, but not great for anyone not already biased to like it.

Back
Top Bottom