Wasteland 2 - Kickstarter Passes 500k

Thats good news screeg!

Btw, just imagine if the project gets more funding and attention what this game could become - the Fallout 3 we never got!

Well thats something i really want. Fallout 3 (true sequel).
For that, iam willing to pay, alot...

But wasteland is gonne be close i guess.. ?

I don't see why people keep saying that this sends some sort of message to publishers/financers that people still want topdown oldie rpgs if it only takes $1M to fund one. At that level these dev houses could self-fund such projects, they're just not willing to invest their own money.

If publishers were to be interested in this it would be by how much the game sells after release(each donation is also a lost full-price sale), not by whether or not a low budget game manages to self fund, publishers are not in the business of funding games to break even.

Last edited:
Btw, just imagine if the project gets more funding and attention what this game could become - the Fallout 3 we never got!
Ironic that the more money they get, the longer it will take before we see it.

I'm hoping for the true Fallout 2 we never got. The one they produced, sans the original team, wasn't all that great.

Backers
$600,023
pledged of $900,000 goal
days to go

But you like turn based rpgs ?

I love turn-based rpgs and at least half of my most favorite games are turn-based and before VTMB my most favorite game was World of Xeen. I'm just not that into Post-Apocalyptic and up until recently I disliked isometric perspectives. (there were some exceptions like Ultima 7 and the Gold Box games)

PS. Most debit cards can be used as credit cards and if it says Visa, Mastercard, ect. then there shouldn't be a problem.

I love turn-based rpgs and at least half of my most favorite games are turn-based and before VTMB my most favorite game was World of Xeen. I'm just not that into Post-Apocalyptic and up until recently I disliked isometric perspectives. (there were some exceptions like Ultima 7 and the Gold Box games)

Supporting this project makes it more likely for future turn-based RPG's to be made.

Already contributed with $15. I'm all for this kind of funding for software.

Its a dream come true for people like me on their way to 40s and have very very good memories of old-school pc gamming.

I wonder if this increases or decreases the chance of an obsidian / Chris avallone kickstarter game being made? Is there enough room/interest for 2 crowdfunded hardcore RPGs to be made right now?

Talking about Obsidian ... a project was canned, 20-30 people fired. News at GameBanshee. Doesn't sound good at all.

Maybe they would indeed be well advised to setup a new company and do the Kickstarter thing.

I'd beware of the Minecraft clone syndrome. What works for the first guy...

Don't fark this up Mr. Fargo and crew.

That is the real concern. There's no way to know if they will produce something that is any good or even anything at all. Historical performance is no indication of future results (Hi Mr. Garriot!).

That said, I signed up for $50. Keeping my fingers crossed...:please:

760,000.00! If this pace keeps up, even for just a few more days, we're gonna see a mighty-fine Wasteland 2. :) Seeing Jason Anderson on the team helped me dish out 15 bucks.

It would be nice if they could make enough money to also re-release Wasteland with added sound and a moderate graphics upgrade.

I'd love to play the original after hearing so many great things about, but it's just too dated for me at this point. I could probably get past the graphics, but the absence of any significant sound effects is a killer for me.

It would be nice if they could make enough money to also re-release Wasteland with added sound and a moderate graphics upgrade.

I'd love to play the original after hearing so many great things about, but it's just too dated for me at this point. I could probably get past the graphics, but the absence of any significant sound effects is a killer for me.

I opened a rerelease thread on their forums, even suggesting they actually sell it for increased funding. I was quickly disullusioned. They don't have the rights.

It isn't entirely lost though. They're still trying to negociate. The current KS performance could weigh in their favor.

Back
Top Bottom