Diablo 2 - Lord of Destruction - Ladder Reset

woges

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
Blizzard will be starting a new ladder season on June 17th.
We will be performing a Diablo II ladder reset on June 17 beginning at approximately 9:00 a.m. PDT. The reset is anticipated to require approximately six hours of downtime to complete, and during that time all Diablo II Battle.net realms will be unavailable for play. When the reset occurs all existing ladder characters will be moved to non-ladder. This provides a fresh start and new competition for leveling supremacy on the ladder realm.
For more information on the Diablo II ladder please visit our Ladder FAQ.
More information.

Still has a pretty strong player base I believe.

I personally believe that this game has become a "self-runner". People buy it (and it is still being sold here !) just because it has become some sort of "standard" among younglings ...

And then, this whole generation just hits the "other" RPG market and thinks and demands that ALL RPGs shall be action games ... :-/
I fear this day.

I guess, like WoW, it has it's own brand of addicts. I never played on the Ladders, but I played Diablo for years sp and LAN w/my son--haven't fired it up in the last few years though. There are only so many Javazon/Hammerdin/Bonemancer builds you can do before you really have to move on. :) Some of its good points I would say are the low-end system specs and free servers.

(And it is still for sale--saw the Diablo and Starcraft Battlechest editions at Target yesterday for twenty bucks, so I guess people are still into it.)

There are only so many Javazon/Hammerdin/Bonemancer builds

I never knew for a long time that these terms of builds actually existed. I just played it the way I wanted to, without inventing any terms and optimizing my characters.

Of course this makes things a bit harder ...

It's all hard once you get past Nightmare difficulty. :)

Back
Top Bottom