The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Sorry guys, I can't play tonight. My mouse is almost kaput. But also that nasty storm is headed in from the gulf, so power may become a problem. It all depends on which side of the storm passes over. Have fun, say hi to CM if she makes it.

Give yer mousie some cheese. Werks for me.

So WHAT is an Airship for guild and exactly how do I find it, get to it and get IN it? :)

Hmmmmm Theoretically speaking of course if and when I ever decide to play agin. :p

Just go to any point on any map which has an anchor symbol. That is the entry point for the guild airship. Click and you're on board with tons of features to assist your gameplay. Just get on skype whenever you're available and give me a hoy. If I'm around I'll let you know. While I don't show as being online, I usually am.

The airship is a place we can enter from all public locations and use as a starting point when we move to quest areas. We have a navigator that can take us to all public areas or to wilderness areas you've visited before. So getting to the guildship is a fast way to get to the area you want to play in.

In the airship you find a tavern (where you can rest and memorize spells) and banker. More important is that airships have different kinds of buffs.

E. g. we have different people you can talk to for buffs similar to spells cast on you (like + to healing received, + to hit and damage, + to spell level cast and so on). You will also find different shrines that gives you plus to attributes and resistances. At the moment we have +2 charisma, +1 constitution, +1 wisdom and +1 strength.

We even have a large guild chest where we can put items we want to give to others in the guild. So if you find something in the chest and need it then you can just take it. :)

Also interesting is the experience bonus shrine (+2% XP).
The higher level our guild becomes the more buffs we can get and the buffs become more powerful. At the moment we're guild level 46. At 47 we can upgrade to a +2 wisdom shrine. At guild level 50 we can buy a bigger ship etc.

All buffs last 1 hour or until you die.

Hey, we've been known to survive 10 minutes at a time--as long as there's a snack break or bio break included in those 10 minutes.

Thank you Peter. I went into it and chatted up everyone and really had no idea what all teh icon-y stuffs were about but it made me feel special. :D LOL

Generally, the Rogue shouldn't be too far ahead of the group. Stealth really doesn't work well; sometimes I can be sitting right next to a Kobold or whatever and it will walk by. Others, a whole batch will rush in from three rooms over and attack.

Yeah stealth is really funky. Most of the time it doesn't work. Others, I've sneak attacked three opponents in a row, standing right by each other.

Hey Peter, how are you doing quest above your level solo? I just tried to do one at my level and couldn't do it. I am using the latest build you posted. The paladin 18/fighter 2.
Either that or elite is more than 2 levels above. The base quest is only level 1 or 2. It's first Kunderak quest, with the scorpions.

That quest is quite challenging on Elite. I block up the doorway. Try to take some out at range and don't let them surround you. It's probably about a level 5 quest solo on elite. To make it easier, try using a cleric hireling set to keep you alive!! :)

Elite, while the game lists it as two levels above normal, scales much higher than that.

That said, you've got to remember that at this point, Peter and the rest of the core group that've been playing have much better gear and know most of the quests fairly well. I have +2 stat items with no minimum level for every stat, several decent bound weapons which are considerably stronger than a typical new player will have at that level, better armor, etc...

Soloing elite is more about gear and player knowledge than any thing else.

Update 11 has hit, with all new bugs, broken features, and annoying nerfs. Be sure to update before Friday.

I've already done that. Is there a list yet of all the bugs, nerfs, etc?

Well, I mentioned the Wings nerf to Peter already. 5 charges with a 15s recharge time, except in public areas.

Melee attacks are bugged. It seems to not register hits correctly.

Lag is horrid, even compared to normal.

Casting is better, as you can set up hotbar spells with spell-specific metamagics by right-clicking on the spell. For example I set all my buffs to Quicken Always Off, so I can just leave it on for the rest.

Not sure when it came out, as my game playing has been limited, but game had a huge update when I logged in today. Will see you guys this pm for sure.

Hope the update isn't too big—good bit going on between now and game time.

What be we running tonight? I know we've got a little more work in GH to do and it's about half my fault (137 favor for RhoGu and Crucible for Wouldii), but honestly I'm pretty burned out on GH right this moment. Besides, I think I'd prefer to run Bot tonight if that doesn't screw up the party, and he needs absolutely nothing in GH unless we shortman the raid.

about an hour now and 2/3 through

Mine took only a few minutes? I'm surprised you're over an hour!!

I think mine ended up about 20mins. Ready to roll for game time.

WARNING!

Make sure you have completed the "Vale of Twilight" quest before doing any Vale flagging quests! It can bork your flagging if you do them out of order, and DDO does not have a functioning GM support system. This means:

1 - Get the 'Find Meridia' quest from the Twelve.

2 - Go to Meridia.

3 - Talk to the guy who gives the 'Vale of Twilight' quest to complete 'Find Meridia' and get 'Vale of Twilight'. You have to talk to him twice.

Otherwise, you will not be able to access the Shroud, and will not be able to complete flagging.

Also, don't craft a GS blank, or even crunch together the pie pieces, until you've flagged. Not a huge issue, but you'll have to redo the flagging quests again, and we know Corwin loves his Coal Chamber!

I did it !

After at least 5 attempts to download the whole game client - my internet just disconnects any time the telephone rings, don't know why - I did it !

One of my very last attempts broke off only 3 minutes after finishing … I guess you can imagine how angry I was …

But now I finally did it. I'm so happy now !

I think I'll show up somewhere this weekend … Please don't expect me to participate immediately, because I need to learn everything (UI, game/rule mechanics etc.) first.

Back
Top Bottom