Planet Stronghold - How to not be Mass Effect

Hmm…well I certainly wasn't remotely emotionally invested to any of the characters in the demo. Maybe the writing gets better in the full game? I thought the demo was decent, but it was only the combat that I liked. The actual writing/dialog in the demo was pretty juvenile, kind of reminded me of playing a Saturday morning cartoon. But again, maybe it gets better in the full game.

Also as much as I liked the combat in the demo, I wouldn't remotely call it tough and visceral. Playing on hard I never came close to losing, and it mostly consisted of hitting attack over and over until the enemy was dead. Does it get much harder later on? It was fun, but it didn't seem like it had that much depth to it.
And here I thought that you people knew better than to judge a game by a simple demo. Of course it gets harder later on, and of course you don't get too know the characters fully during the short spawn of the demo. Later on the game handles profound moral issues and strong emotional relationships that players can connect to. I dare even say that they are even more rewarding and rich than many blockbuster games released recently.
Surely you cannot expect the developers to cram all that into a small demo, can you?

The intricate dynamics of the combat system doesn't come into play until a while into the game to make sure that the game is welcoming enough for players new to the genre, because it would be a shame to exclude players from the experience just because they aren't NERDS that play PnP campains every lunch break, wouldn't it? The demo really was a blunder since it didn't show off the best sides of the game, that much is true. There's time limits, you can get into fights before you're ready for them and the combat system itself is way ahead of its competition in every sense of the word.

If you buy this game you don't pay for a game, you pay for an experience that will touch you deeply and entertain you for hundreds of hours.

The horror, that I would dare to judge the game based on a demo that is designed to let you judge it before you buy it. Certainly there is only so much you can tell from a demo. But if the writing in the demo is around the level of Pokemon, you don't expect it to suddently turn into Shakespeare in the full game. And certainly the demo does fully explain the combat system.

Do other people who played this game think that it has some amazingly deep and mature story to it?

And here I thought that you people knew better than to judge a game by a simple demo. Of course it gets harder later on, and of course you don't get too know the characters fully during the short spawn of the demo. Later on the game handles profound moral issues and strong emotional relationships that players can connect to. I dare even say that they are even more rewarding and rich than many blockbuster games released recently.
Surely you cannot expect the developers to cram all that into a small demo, can you?

The intricate dynamics of the combat system doesn't come into play until a while into the game to make sure that the game is welcoming enough for players new to the genre, because it would be a shame to exclude players from the experience just because they aren't NERDS that play PnP campains every lunch break, wouldn't it? The demo really was a blunder since it didn't show off the best sides of the game, that much is true. There's time limits, you can get into fights before you're ready for them and the combat system itself is way ahead of its competition in every sense of the word.

If you buy this game you don't pay for a game, you pay for an experience that will touch you deeply and entertain you for hundreds of hours.

Regardless of how "deep" the game might be, it has a very distinct style that obviously isn't going to appeal to everyone.

Regardless of how "deep" the game might be, it has a very distinct style that obviously isn't going to appeal to everyone.

That's because it a western model based off Japanese pc games. Dating Sims mostly.Its a niche market just like all the other indies.

Yes its not for everybody and yes I have played Japanese pc sims and rpg's before also. I know what to expect.

The game is definetly not for everyone.
First ones who'll never buy it and who'll spit on it with all available arsenal are those who drool only over mob respawns and care for nothing else. :) Not many such players? Right (hint: wow, diablo3).
The "artwork" is another thing, you want Avatarthemovielike graphics? You'll skip this game.
Next, OMG the combat is turnbased, tell me how many ppl will game lose because of this? Many.
Etc, etc.

I see no reason to explain, attack, defend or something else about that game. For me it was more fun than some AAA titles and honestly all I can say is the demo is there, try it, if you like the demo, you'll definetly adore the game.

Yeah I have no problem with the artwork or style. Overall it was kind of a borderline game for me, I thought the combat was decent, just a bit simple. Although I did like the transparant aggro mechanics. The system was nothing new, but I liked seeing how much of an aggro lead each character had.

When I ask if other people really did think that it had a deep, mature and engaging story, I'm asking because I really want to know. The gameplay mechanics are ok but not quite enough to sell me on their own. From what I've seen, I'm a bit skeptical that is had such a great story. But if other people think that it does, then that might push me to pick it up eventually.

The game is definetly not for everyone.
First ones who'll never buy it and who'll spit on it with all available arsenal are those who drool only over mob respawns and care for nothing else. :) Not many such players? Right (hint: wow, diablo3).
The "artwork" is another thing, you want Avatarthemovielike graphics? You'll skip this game.
Next, OMG the combat is turnbased, tell me how many ppl will game lose because of this? Many.
Etc, etc.

I see no reason to explain, attack, defend or something else about that game. For me it was more fun than some AAA titles and honestly all I can say is the demo is there, try it, if you like the demo, you'll definetly adore the game.

Back
Top Bottom