Anachronox in hands of indies?

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
It was looking more as a rumor and bad PR than anythin months ago, but Square Enix actually made Anachronox IP open for ideas on their odd crowdsourcing platform Collective:
http://collective.square-enix.com/news/32/first-eidos-ips-made-available-via-square-enix-collective

Other two IPs offered are Gex and Fear Effect.
Basically studios can suggest ideas based on those three games and if Square Enix likes them… Crowdfunding starts and the developer, if it's successful, makes a game. Yea, SE will still not do funding which is IMO a shame on one side, but the good news is that 80% of sales revenue goes to developer (20% to SE as license fee and net sales)!

Someone please contact Tom Hall ASAP!
I'll back the project instantly, ofc. Reboot, remake or a sequel, I don't care, I just want it.

Is it possible to run Gex nowadays ? I own it since decades (or so it seems to me), but it required one 3D card … And … Wasn't Gex Microsoft's IP in the first place ?

No, all three games were Eidos'. Which is now owned (better to say pwned) by Square Enix.
That game was developed by Crystal Dynamics which was owned by Eidos. In 2009. Eidos "sold their soul" to Square Enix.

Back
Top Bottom