Recommend some non-PC RPGs for PS3?

Pessimeister

Living Backwards
Original Sin 2 Donor
Hello Watchers

My brother has recently indefinitely loaned me his PS3 which got me curious as to what decent non-PC RPG titles there were to pick up for it.

I haven't really been following console gaming too closely since the PS2 era to be honest, but so far I have only bought:

Demons Souls (Finished it a couple of years ago, enjoyed my time with it...)
Dragon's Dogma (I bought it off ebay last night for $15, will be very interested to see what it plays like, as I do recall some interesting positive thoughts on it from various posters here. (one from theMadGamer/Ovenall/Mr Smiley I think?)

Feel free to make some recommendations.
Cheers

Do you like Japanese style rpg's? If so i recommend the "tales of" games.

I know you said non-PC, but I would suggest that you try Diablo III, especially if you have someone to couch-coop with. Played it with my gf and we had a blast, and I hear it's an order of magnitude better than on PC.

I bought Eternal Sonata, especially because it flaunts coop during battles. It's supposed to be nice and stuff and somewhat based on Chopin's life, but it's just too far out in cutesyland for me.

I enjoyed the Untold Legends games on the PSP but the PS3 one doesn't seem to be up to par. IMO the PS3 was a real stinker in terms of exclusives, not comparable to the PS2. Anyway, have a look here:

http://www.rpgfan.com/reviews-ps3.html

edit: Do try Star Ocean 4. I found it very, very enjoyable and easily the best exclusive on this PS generation. Reviews are mediocre but I had lots of fun with it.

Thanks for the tip.

I haven't played too many jRPGs, not since my SNES days at any rate. If there are any modern games with the grandiose quasi-gothic scale of say Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, with party based, turn based combat and maybe a melodic 8-bit edged soundtrack, I might be interested. :D

Edit:
Thanks for the link there, Sacred_Path.

Deus Ex: HR? Witcher 2? Dark Souls?
I've been doing the same thing for my X360, gather RPGs. :)

Not really RPGs, but other recommendations: Tomb Raider (reboot), Far Cry 3/4, GTA5.

Dragon's Dogma (I bought it off ebay last night for $15, will be very interested to see what it plays like, as I do recall some interesting positive thoughts on it from various posters here. (one from theMadGamer/Ovenall/Mr Smiley I think?)

Yes, got that one lying around here too… I think it was Brumbek (or was it Mr Smiley) that sold it to me. Didn't have time to try it yet though.

EDIT: The above recommendations assume that what's available on X360 would be on PS3 also. :)

Yeah, I'm after non-PC released games, mate. I've already got and played all three titles you mentioned on PC. :)

Thanks for the other mentions though too, I might check the local Electronics Boutique and see what cheap titles they have on offer.

It's interesting that I've not really liked too many of the other PS3 games that my brother gave to me with the machine. The Conan game for instance was quite awful; I couldn't play that longer than half an hour or so.

Aaah, they can't be available on PC. Sorry, my bad, misunderstood that part. :)
Then I've got nothing for you.

I heard Eternal Sonata is very good. Haven't played it yet myself. Valkyria Chronicles would have been a sure bet but it has released for the PC now. PS3 didn't seem to have nearly the amount of unique RPGs as the PS1 and PS2 had. The PSP is also an amazing device for various RPGs.

Get Hyperdimension:Neptunia games.
The port is virtually unplayable on PC unless you'll buy a carwheel or something that's not standard PC gadget.

Get Hyperdimension:Neptunia games.
The port is virtually unplayable on PC unless you'll buy a carwheel or something that's not standard PC gadget.

False information. The port is entirely playable and very fun. I should know, I'm currently playing it on PC. :)

Red Dead Redemption.

Amazing, beautiful game -- the only one that's nearly made a console guy out of me.

Red Dead Redemption.

Amazing, beautiful game — the only one that's nearly made a console guy out of me.

Hah. Funny you should mention that, I just ordered it because I've seen its praise sung before.

Back
Top Bottom