Harvest Moon: Seeds of Memories - PC Release

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Seems another JRPG Sim game called Harvest Moon: Seeds of Memories is getting a PC release. This will be the first time a game from this franchise gets a PC release.
NATSUME TO BRING HARVEST MOON TO Wii U AND PC FOR THE FIRST TIME WITH "SEEDS OF MEMORIES"!

Retro-Style Harvest Moon Comes To Town This Winter!

Burlingame, CA. – June 2, 2015 - Natsume Inc., a worldwide developer and publisher of family-oriented video games, today reveals the next title in the long-running Harvest Moon series, Harvest Moon: Seeds of Memories. This is the first Harvest Moon that will be on the Nintendo Wii U, as well as the first Harvest Moon ever on the PC. In addition, the title will also be the first mainline Harvest Moon title on both iOS and Android.

"From the farm to the town, we wanted Harvest Moon: Seeds of Memories to evoke the feeling of a classic Harvest Moon game with modern twists!" said Hiro Maekawa, President and CEO of Natsume Inc. "We're also excited to finally bring the Harvest Moon series to the Nintendo Wii U, PC, and mobile platforms, where fans have definitely told us they want to see the series."

Go back to the roots of Harvest Moon in the latest installment of the series! Inspired by the old-school gameplay of the very first games, Harvest Moon: Seeds of Memories will bring players a sense of nostalgia, along with exciting gameplay twists.

Tasked with the job of revitalizing a farm, players will need to befriend the villagers in town to unlock the titular "Seeds of Memories"! Seeds can be unlocked in many ways, such as giving a villager their favorite item, catching a giant fish, or by raising their first cow. Players will need to be up to the challenge of collecting all of the Seeds of Memories!

Old favorites return in the animal department with cows, sheep, and chickens, along with a horse to ride, and a dog to keep as a pet! Farmers will also have a new pet to take care of, but it isn't what they'd expect… It's a bobcat! The bobcat starts out wild, but as players befriend the animal, can they convince the bobcat to become their loyal friend?

Featuring cooking, fishing, foraging, and mining, players will need to upgrade their tools to find the highest-quality items. Players will also be able to participate in contests and festivals like the Cooking Contest and Starry Night Festival! Woo one of the ten marriage candidates – 5 bachelors and 5 bachelorettes – and find that special someone to make their farming life complete!

Look for Harvest Moon: Seeds of Memories to blossom on Wii U, Steam, iOS, and Android this winter! There will be an early look at the game at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) June 16th-18th in Los Angeles (South Hall, booth 615). Media who would like to make an appointment can email Mika Kelly at mika@clevercomm.com

Players can follow the latest news for all of the beloved Natsume franchises at www.natsume.com and by scooping all of the latest Natsume updates, contests, screen shots and more at www.natsume.com/facebook and www.twitter.com/natsume_inc .

Always been curious about these games, but never tried one. Maybe I'll try it now.

I recall playing something sounding similar to this on my son's Nintendo I think it was, years and years ago. I enjoyed it a great deal.

Awesome. I played a handheld version of Harvest Moon long ago, it was so addictive.

I still play a few of these games on some older handheld systems. I also recommended everyone play a few other games like this called Rune Factory on the DS.:)

I read that this is not really Harvest Moon. Something like, originally there was a dev company and a distribution company. The game in Japan is actually called 'Farm Story', but the distribution company distributed it as 'Harvest Moon' in the western market (and they own the name 'Harvest Moon'). Many years later, the two companies went their separate ways, the original development company now makes the real Harvest Moon followups but they're called 'Story of Seasons', while the distribution company, wanting to cash in on owning the 'Harvest Moon' name, made a bastardized game similar to it and named 'Harvest Moon', which is the one that's coming to PC. So in other words, we're not getting the real Harvest Moon. Still, gameplay is similar I suppose.

Now that you mention it wolfing either this or last month's GameInformer said something about that split and name change. That's too bad if this isn't the original core then.

Wow I remember playing one game in the series on GBA I think. That was ages ago! But yeah I also remember that the original team split up and created a game similar to what Harvest Moon was.

Sounds like fun to me - I always wanted an full-fledged offline farming game that is no simulator. ;)
My most favourite fun part in Gothic was always the cooking part. :D

About the only game in the series that I ever futzed around in was the PS2 installment. Never really got all that far though. It's a pleasant surprise to see an actual PC Harvest Moon heading our way, and I may just check this one out.

Back
Top Bottom