RPGDot says 'Goodbye'

A sad end for Rendelius' baby. Don't ever sell the watch, ya hear!

What a loss ! All of this information in the forums !!!

I wonder whether I should try to make a kind of "backup" via HTTrack ?

But I fear it would be too much stuff, perhaps ...

Quite the shame. I think Jolt kinda did it to themselves, but it's still sad to see the Dot die. Rendelius has got to be heartbroken.

To be honest, i'm surprised it held on for so long in a state of frozen euthanasia, it was obviously inevitable. It would have been better pulling the plug when the dotter's migrated en-masse.

I've just had a strange thought, if Jolt had put up a "for Sale" sign and the "Watch" re-aquired it, we could all have migrated back again en-masse....a kind of forum musical-chairs. :lol:

Goes to show, a site is nothing without its members, and we are all here! :D

Kinda sad that, after 2 years of near-inactivity and removal of all the NFG posts, I'm still #8 on their post count list, down from a peak of #5.

Wow-so was this the forums closing, or everything that used to be on the Dot?--when I lurked there, I used the games database and reviews a lot, but since this site opened I've rarely been back.

Since it's posted on the news page, as well as the forums, I'm guessing the entire site is going boink.

Sad. In it's prime it was one of the best, if not *the* best, rpg sites on the web.

It was the best for many years, then Jolt slowly choked us to death. Thus the formation of the Watch!! Sad, but inevitable.

That is a sad passing, but it was really on terminal life support for the past two years,

I go on vacation for a month and come back to the death of the dot, but like you guys already said it's been dying for a long time. They still kept up with the news but the forums were emptier than Fallout's wasteland.

If Rpgdot dies, do all the other network sites die as well? I suppose it does but it would be a shame to lose all that info on all the networked sites.

Edit: Nevermind, I got my answer. The goodbye message is on all of rpgdot networks. I have some downloading to do before the sites disappear.

Last edited:
Goes to show, a site is nothing without its members, and we are all here! :D

That is the turth. Another site I post regularly on is about Texas Longhorn Athletics. The main site, Hornfans, had an amazing community for close to a decade, but the mods went overboard, permabanning people for the smallest offense. I'm friends with the owners and I got permabanned for something that wasn't even against the rules! Well, enough people got pissed off and formed a near clone site where the mods are totally hands off. Within about 2 months the old site is dead and the new site is rockin'!

Wow, this is definitely sad news for me, even though I barely visited the Dot over the last few years. I was a member there for a long time before the Watch opened, it was one of my favorite sites.

That's a shame. I admit, though, that I've only checked back there once or twice since the Watch opened.

Back
Top Bottom