Latest Puzzle Quest News

Taking on a human component could be very messy. I imagine there's some very, very good players out there.
Mortal Kombat VI (MK Deception) had this PVP 'columns' clone where you could pick different characters with different abilities. THAT was very, very intense. I have yet to win a single game! :lol: No, I certainly prefer an AI of about my level of general clumsiness to a human enemy...

Holy crap Jaz!!!

It's a good thing your Avatar can't get anymore inflated than he already is 'cause otherwise he'd literally explode!

Ego problems anyone??? ;)

What the hell is it anyway??? A 21st century Bhudda???

Last edited:
The big guy is a rather unimportant extra from a game. But I agree, whoever designed this guy and his enormous gut definitely thought of Pu Tai/Hotei.

Looking for a spoiler here. Don't know if anyone's in the right place in the game (odds aren't good) or has an incredible memory, but I can't for the life of me figure out the Lich capture board. It's getting really annoying. Not so much because of wanting the spells, but the option to "avoid" is getting more and more valuable. I'm very interested in the story line (just talked to the High Elves about their 2 forts), but I'm starting to burn out at bit on battling annoying wandering monsters.

No takers, eh? I knew that was a long shot since most of you are probably beyond that point.

OK, I had to get to the point of capturing another one ... it is actually easy. You have a block of red skulls at the start? Move the right one to the right. Then the left one to the left, then the same block you moved the first time - move it to the right again. That is it!

I finish those so fast I couldn't possibly remember them. I'm betting there's more than one way to finish those capture puzzles.

hmm..not only should we do multiplayer we should have a tournament. I got three people at work addicted to this now.

I'm the same way most of the time, which is why I figured any help would have to come from someone at the right point in the game to actually do the puzzle. Naturally, there aren't any wandering liches on my board right now. o_O

No multiplayer for me. I have a hard enough time maintaining the concentration to beat the AI. I've got my character built up to the point where I don't generally have to be too careful, but that certainly wouldn't be the case against a real person.

Did uncover a fun wrinkle this morning. Got a wandering arboleth. His chaos skin (heals 5 with every enemy spell) forced me to completely change my standard approach. Bonus points to Puzzle Quest.

you certainly have to watch out for those creatures and castles with counterspell options. If they gain mana (or even skills) from you casting a spell then have a bonus to damage based on their mana it can be quick disaster. I'm getting more and more of those so you have to concentrate on attacks (Skulls).

Speaking of which I've picked up one of those Lich skull crowns that generate a Skull 50% of the time when I start my turn. I kick rear with the thing to the point where every supposedly high end up is worthless compared to it. Boosts to my damage help too.

I've noticed that Spell Resistance is far more effective than what is listed. For example, with 1% green mana resistance I stopped my enemy's spells twice in one session. I don't know if its just me but 20-30% resistance seems more like 50% and 40% seems like 60-75%. When my enemy has this much resistance I avoid using those types of spells.

Also, yellow mana so far seems for more important than any other in terms of combat, followed closely by red mana. Does anyone else get this impression?

So far I use a druid with these types of spells - A heal spell for emergencies, a calm spell to wipe spells bonuses/curses, an attack spell, a spell to destroy a column, a spell to destroy a row, and my spider gives me a web spell to hold my enemy. I try other combinations by I end up coming back to these. None of the other mounts so far give me as effective a spell.

I use a fair bit of green mana, too. Let's see if I can remember my spell list...
Cleave (R,Y) - damage equal to yellow gems on the board, destroys all yellow gems
??? (G,R) - damage equal to skulls on the board +3
Regen (B) - +4HP
Headbutt (G,R) - enemy loses turns based on red gems on board, red gems destroyed
Death Dive (Y,R) - from Griffin mount - damage equal to yellows on the board + 3
Bloodlust (G,Y,B) - +12 red mana
Revenant? (just picked up the warrior level 50 spell, so I don't remember much about it other than it doubles your battle skill for the duration of the fight)

Picked up my 9th companion last night, so I had to pick one to drop. Ended up dropping Sunspear based on the bonuses. I'm wondering if this will change available quests. I remember a white quest where Sunspear wanted to watch me tackle an arboleth. I haven't noticed if that quest is still there.

Since I generally play one game at a time, I usually put the cd in the drive and forget it. Was ripping a music cd and discovered that PQ is not a "disk in the drive" game. Just thought I'd share in case someone else is as retarded as me.

There's a level cap at level 50. Boooooo! With 237HP, I can be pretty lackadaisical in almost all my battles now (all the more reason not to get schooled with multiplayer). I've got a backlog of a dozen or so spells to research, which is probably the biggest challenge remaining in the game for me right now. The monsters seem to be taking a step up recently (doing Bane's 3 generals right now), so there might be new challenges on the horizon.

Finally found the PC version available at Target (online only) with cheap 24 hr shipping. Yes! Something now awaits me in the vast gaming desert looming ahead after I finish the Witcher. :)

Prepare for some late nights. It's addictively simple and the demo really only scratched the surface.

Yes, I gathered that from some of the posts here. It was a great surprise when I got into my citadel and the different puzzles began emerging. This is a very cool little game, and mine is shipping today, so the caffiene supply is getting double-checked and the spouse has been warned he's in survival mode on his own. ;)

The final battle is a real pain. I think it took me about 20 legit attempts (a few times, the boss conveniently was handed about a 70 point skull drop, so I'd throw the battle to try again) to get thru him. Fire Bomb ("borrowed" from a Dark Dwarf) was the equalizer for me.

Geez, at least heat up a Totinos for the poor guy... ;) (for you non-Imperialists, that's a dirt-cheap frozen pizza here in the States)

Nonsense--I am woman--he still gets meals, just has to live with being abandoned afterwards. Fortunately, he has great inner resources--and the remote. :)

Muahahaha. When I'll start playing this gem for good, not much will change - hubby will still be responsible for cooking. But he won't be able to play FIFA for a while unless he buys a second TV set.

The hard drive went down and took my 50th level Druid with it last week.

Because of it my homework is caught up and I'm slightly bored as he didn't give us the take home quiz he promised us.

Well that blows, Lucky. I thought I had lost mine when I uninstalled the demo after installing the real version. The game sort of lost track of my character, but somehow (I don't remember exactly) I twiddled things and my warrior survived. If the character files are still there, it might not be a lost cause.

It's obviously a message telling Lucky Day to upgrade--but still painful. :(

I must say I'm breaking out the gutter vocabulary over this game--tried to capture a Harpy last night for over an hour--had it all worked out except for one red gem...but there's a lot going on fortunately so I pulled my foaming at the mouth warrior toon away and went on to destroy a few other nasties. I really like the structure of this game--like Depths of Peril--you can pick it up and lay it down with no need to rack your memory(for those who still have one) about which foozle you had to get for Answap the Barkeep before you battle the evil wizard in the lonely haunted tower.

Back
Top Bottom