Tides of Numenera - Delayed to Late 2015

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Well this shouldn't come as a surprise inXile entertainment has more information in the latest kickstarter update that Torment: Tides of Numenera is being delayed further.

Torment’s Timeline

So, where are we on Torment then? During the last week of our Kickstarter, we had adjusted our target launch date to the first half of 2015. And last December, in Update 27, I mentioned that timeline was still feasible, but that Torment’s schedule remained in flux until all became clear with Wasteland 2. Wasteland 2’s success in Early Access allowed us to spend more time improving it, which also meant we had more time in preproduction on Torment. We’ve had more time to prototype, improve tools, iterate on our processes, etc. before entering full production. This has been a great thing for everything... except for our release date.

Now that we have a more certain roll-off plan for the production team from Wasteland to Torment, we’re better able to predict the shape of our schedule. And, as you may have guessed, the first half of 2015 isn't realistic anymore and we’re looking at the fourth quarter of 2015.

You may wonder how we can extend TTON’s development for a year longer than planned. By running a small core team during the preproduction phase, we have been extremely efficient in developing the foundation and the pipeline for the game – we make decisions more quickly, and we’ll have set a strong vision to help eliminate uncertainty. This will help us make fewer mistakes as the full team ramps up. One year following TTON’s Kickstarter, more than 80% of the development budget remained, so we have a lot of firepower for our production, beta, and finalization phases.
More information.

Well....um.....at least I have longer to procrastinate on my slacker backer preorder?? xD

Damn.... I do wish both Torment and PoE to deliver what they promised... but... what the hell am I going to play till winter 2014 and 2015?? There's no promise PoE will be out in winter 2014 as well :(

After seeing the Wasteland 2 quality level of GUI & overall Art design, I would be only excited about a new Torment game if developed by Obsidian.

Damn…. I do wish both Torment and PoE to deliver what they promised… but… what the hell am I going to play till winter 2014 and 2015?? There's no promise PoE will be out in winter 2014 as well :(

So you have no backlog at all? Wow man you are lucky. I have to finish Witcher 2 before Wild Hunt will be released and there are plenty of RPGs coming out soon - Project Eternity, Age of Decadence, Xenonauts, Jagged Alliance Flashback and you can also try Age of Wonders 3, King's Bounty series, Blackguards, etc. if you like strategy games with RPG elements. Indie RPG developers were quite busy recently too.

I don't have a backlog either. Currently playing TW1. Next games on my list are all to be released: D:OS, Lords of Xulima, Risen 3, Wasteland 2, DA:I, Raven's Cry (perhaps), Age of Decadence, PoE, Blackguards 2, TW3, The Mandate.
That's all I have on my list until April 2015, if none of them gets delayed til then. So there could be indeed some gaps where I'll be without a game. Hope I can completely fill them with TW1/2.

During the last months I've payed Age of Wonders 3, Bound by Flame, Shadowrun Returns: Dragonfall, Demonicon, BG2 EE, Blackguards, Shadowrun Returns and Mars: War Logs.

Did I miss something?

Last edited:
Antharion, a project 5% as complex as Tides, pushed their release date to 17 months. But I've got tons of stuff to play anyway.

I don't have a backlog either. Currently playing TW1. Next games on my list are all to be released: D:OS, Lords of Xulima, Risen 3, Wasteland 2, DA:I, Raven's Cry (perhaps), Age of Decadence, PoE, Blackguards 2, TW3, The Mandate.
That's all I have on my list until April 2015, if none of them gets delayed til then. So there could be indeed some gaps where I'll be without a game. Hope I can completely fill them with TW1/2.

During the last months I've payed Age of Wonders 3, Bound by Flame, Shadowrun Returns: Dragonfall, Demonicon, BG2 EE, Blackguards, Shadowrun Returns and Mars: War Logs.

Did I miss something?
Might&Magic X, Van Helsing 2, Banner Saga, Transistor, Eschalon Book 3 ... hundreds of older titles

Thanks for the recommendations, but…

Might&Magic X
That's indeed one I'll perhaps try. But basically I don't like the grid based movement and the combat.
Van Helsing 2
Too action oriented.
Banner Saga
Don't like the art style. Looks like a comic book.
Transistor
Art style as well… I've something like a JRPG phobia. This seems to have influences only but for mee it's too much.
Eschalon Book 3
Poor visuals setting my immersion level to 0.

Appareantly my taste is quite "narrow" and it seems like I'm quite superficial as I'm excluding games just by their visuals. But I just can't help it, I need a certain quality/style to immerse. That's the problem with most older games too. I don't need high-end 3D, Baldur's Gate would still be fine.

+1 for Might & Magic X. Don't worry about the grid - after 10 minutes it will seem no less odd than magic or merchants with endless cash.

so basically, just add a year to any Kickstarter project you see (and you're likely to still fall way short). Hell it's like every Kickstarter project is being made by Cleve.

+1 for Might & Magix X. Grid combat is one of those things that you don't like in your mind, but when you play it, it starts to feel natural, and even though you will never admit it to yourself, your subconscious will say 'this is awesome!'.

+2 to MMX. It is a very fun game and it'll take you hours to complete. It's also quite replayable.

Also Dark Souls II

Some a bit older titles you should check out if you haven`t played them yet

Dark Souls, Game of Thrones, Drakensang I&II, Kingdoms of Amalur, Legend of Grimrock, Two Worlds II...

FC4, TW3, ME4, possibly FO4, Meriwether, Frontiers and many more.

Never heard of FC4, Meriwether, Frontier etc... Not into The Witcher, and I'm not touching ME4 unless DA:I turns out to be decent. Very skeptical of Bioware games at this point. Thought you Watchers know by now I got very specific taste...

@xep624: I do have some backlogs... Problem is, I'm not enjoying them (KotOR1&2, MotB, PS:T, FO2, Skyrim/Morrowind). I tried (and trying still), I want to expand my horizon and enjoy more diversified variety... But no luck so far :/

I'm not surprise but I find it annoying that they chose an obviously unattainable release date from the very start.

if trash combat with palette swaps, overpowered abilities and ridiculous buff stacking are your thing, don't play MMX. Otherwise, you'll like it just fine.

Back
Top Bottom