Underworld - Graphical Overhaul Update

Dhruin

SasqWatch
There's an update at the ClassicGamesRemde site announcing all monsters and characters have been completed in the planned Underworld graphical overhaul - head over for a bunch of screens:
There is still quite a bit to do with the still full screen illustrations. Also work has started for the sequel and significant progress has been made (GUI, some outdoor environment tiles, castle walls…). This delays the Underworld Gold release somewhat but I’m hoping to reassure those that have been waiting for something really new for a while that Underworld will NOT be a one-time thing. But that is still a story for later
icon_smile.gif
More information.

Looking good. The graphics are much more consistent this time around which has done wonders for the games looks.

Now how about more skills and spells? :p

Who needs more spells; I only used 2 or 3!! :)

There are only 40 spells but I'm surprised to read about only using 2 or 3. I just reviewed my spell list in panic & listed 30 spells I actually use a lot and 10 only occasional.

Corwin if you replay you'll find Godsend, Berserk, Barrage and Bleed may add to the experience alongside the new visual aspect :)

Underworld is quite simple though. Crafting, outdoor spells, skills and the two extra classes will make the sequel more interesting in that sense :).

Underworld is quite simple though. Crafting, outdoor spells, skills and the two extra classes will make the sequel more interesting in that sense :).

Now your talking. Thanks. Looking forward to seeing what's planned.

BTW, about crafting. Have you ever played Devil's Whiskey? I'm just curious if you have a lot of crafting like they had in mind for your game. Devil Whiskey was bugged to hell, but they had a few decent recipes in that game. Not as many as I would have liked, but not that bad either.

We're talking about the sequel here so everything is still very open. I've only got the premisces of the code down so far. Not a finalized list of items.

Crafting also means harvesting / mining (well, not entirely necessary but just buying ore and the like or finding it on mobs would be unsatisfying imho). So there's still a lot to do for that new set of features.

I tried DW but couldn't find a way to actually buy a digital version. If I remember correctly there's only a boxed version still available. I promised myself I'd go for it eventually but my gaming time is stretched so thin FK and KotC will still take some time.

Looks very good!
Consistent, tasteful and certainly nostalgia inducing :).

Ya'll know I'm not a graphics snob. But dang if the game doesn't look tons more inviting to play now. Hopefully there'll be some new / changed content (besides monster attacks) to enjoy as well.

I can't wait!

Back
Top Bottom